2 ; packed boxes

JEON JUNGKOOK POV
--

"why mom, i like it here!" jungkook pleaded.

his mom just came from seoul yesterday, which made the little boy excited. but once he knew her true intentions, he just wanted her to leave.

"no son of mine is staying unemployed for life. and why wouldn't you want to go? it's an adventure out there!"

jungkook sighed at his oblivious mother.

"people, mother. that's why. i hate people."

ms. jeon rolls her eyes at her sons words.

"no need to be so dramatic. one person or two, what's the difference!"

"but for real mom, i really don't want to go!" jungkook said in a last attempt for his
mother to change her mind.

"no jungkook, you're going and that's final!" and with that she stormed off, taking with her a packed box of jungkook's possessions to the truck.

jungkook sighed deeply, sliding into his chair. only within an hour, his room was almost empty. just looking at the white walls and the missing furniture makes him want to cry. he grew attached to this place, and finally came to love it. he just wishes for his stupid mom to stay in seoul, without ever bothering to come back.

she first leaves him alone for four years, then comes back to ruin it? that's a no-no.

realizing that it's impossible to engage with his mother, he scrambles the very last of his room, including his disinfectants. he walks a couple rounds in the house before biding goodbye to his father who didn't protest, leaving without giving a hug.

actually, the very last time he gave a hug to someone was his mother in 2nd grade. he always thought it was a waste, considering what a douche his mother had become.

jungkook placed the last box in the back part of the truck, making sure his gloves were sealed on properly. he couldn't risk getting dirtied, especially when it was something his mother touched. he then climbed in the passenger seat, buckled himself up and waited for his mother to finish her business.

-❦-

to say sitting by his mother during the whole road trip was awkward is an understatement. she never bothered to ask jungkook about his phobia, nor what was going on in his life. either she was bad at expressing herself, or simply didn't care.

finally she would speak up, but if jungkook knew beforehand what it was about, he would rather go back to the unbearable atmosphere.

"oh and by the way, you're sharing a dorm with a guy named kim taehyung."

------------------------------------------------------
(a/n):
whoopsies it's late