Chapter Nineteen: Resisting The Feelings Talk

LUNA ELLIE

It was embarrassing to admit that on days when I woke up early enough and my mate was still asleep I would watch him sleep. He was a beautiful specimen and quite often I didn't understand how I got so lucky. Yes, I was beautiful but I was hard to deal with and the fact that Noah never gave up on me prove to me that his feelings went much deeper than the surface. As much as I gave Noah a hard time, I, of course, had strong feelings for him, whether he knew that or not was the question.

"In some places staring is against social norms." He said appearing to still be asleep.

"Well not in this place." Before I could stop myself I kissed the corner of his mouth and cuddled up next to him, enjoying his warmth.

"That was...unexpected." He eyed me suspiciously.

I frowned, "What do you mean?"

"You like never show any affection." He replied.

"What are you talking about?" I asked feeling offended even though I knew he was telling the truth. Showing affection was always weird for me especially to someone who I wasn't related to.

"It just that when it comes to feelings and emotions you're very awkward with things like that." He explained.

"Shut up, no I'm am not." I denied trying to scoot away from him only to be pulled back against him.

"Ellie, baby I'm only being honest." He rubbed his hands down my shoulder. "But, I just want you to know that it is okay for you to be affectionate with me, we're mates."

"Duh, dipshit." I snapped.

"Can we just have an adult conversation for once?" Noah asked clearly annoyed with my behavior.

'Be nice to mate' My wolf whimpered.

Knowing that in this situation I was overreacting, I calmed myself down, "Fine."

He and I sat up and lead on the headboard, "Now, what is it that makes you not want to be affectionate with me?"

I groaned, "I hate you for making me do this. Feelings are gross and talking about them is even worse."

Grabbing my chin, he kissed my lips, "No judgment whatsoever."

Rolling my eyes I took a deep breath before beginning. "When my parents died, I closed up and- and it became hard for me to..." I trailed off not knowing how to finished, "Express myself." I finished.

"Okay," He waited for me to continued.

I covered my face with my hands feeling too embarrassed to go on, "Can we just stop talking about this?" I begged.

He nodded, "We can finish this over dinner tonight." Kissing my cheek I felt him get up from the bed. Uncovering my eyes I saw that he was in his closet.

"Where are you going?" I asked when I noticed him gathering up clothes to take a shower.

"We," He emphasized, "are going to go greet a visiting member to the pack."

"Why are we having visitors, isn't it dangerous?" I smirked seeing that he was once again going back on his word.

"Adam approved it before so I had no idea it was going down until yesterday." He explained.

"How is Adam allowed to approve things when he isn't the Alpha?" I asked curiously.

"He's the Beta and he's allowed to make decisions." He told me, going into the adjoining bathroom and turning on the shower.