Chapter Nine

Chapter Nine

LUNA ELLIE

It had been three whole days since I left The New Elite Pack. During the ride, I did surprisingly find myself thinking about Noah, his scent, his hair, his smile. Yes, he was extremely annoying but having him always there comforted me in a way and now that he wasn't I felt...Lost? Incomplete? Maybe this is what comes with being away from your mate. Despite how I was feeling I still continued with my adventure to Las Vegas with Ethan at my side.

After hours and hours of driving, we had finally made it to our destination and check into our hotel. Just as I was unpacking I heard my phone ring. Picking it up I saw a picture of Ryan glaring at me. The picture had been taking two years ago at his birthday dinner. He and I were sitting right next to each other and as soon as he was about to take a bite of his cake I smashed his head into it. Not wanting to hear any of his naggings I rejected the call and went back to unpacking.

"What's the plans for today?" Ethan asked while standing in the doorway of my bedroom. On our way here Ethan had booked us a penthouse where there were two-bedrooms, a living room, a kitchen, and huge deck with a hot tub on it.

I closed the drawl, "I was thinking sightseeing. I really want to go to the strip."

He nodded and pulled out his phone, "I need to inform the Alpha first, then we can leave."

It was no surprise that Noah would be keeping tabs on me. This was happening no matter if I was in Las Vegas or at home. Since my breakdown a few days ago he's been extremely worried about me and I could absolutely see why. The mark really had an effect on me, that I didn't even expect. Him marking me cause me to breakdown and feel exactly how I did when my parents died. I felt vulnerable, and I hated it.

"Okay," I told him and he went to go call Noah.

I was just fixing my hair when Ethan walked back in and handed me his phone, "He wants to speak to you." He left the room, shutting the door behind him.

I pressed the phone against my ear, "Hello."

There was a long pause before he responded, Hey, how are you?"

"Good," I said while sitting on the king size bed.

"Umm, I need to talk to you about something." He told me hesitantly.

"Okay." I swallowed nervously.

He cleared his throat before beginning, "Since I marked you you're going to be going into heat soon. So-." I cut him off.

"WHAT?" I yelled at him angrily, "Are you fucking serious? Why would you do that to me?"

"How long are you gonna be in Vegas?" He asked changing the subject not even bothering to reply to me.

"Why?"

"Because I asked you a question." He replied rudely.

I sighed annoyed, "Don't be rude and I don't know a couple days."

"You need to stay in Vegas till your heat is over." He told me as if I was a child. Him telling me where to go and how long to stay was not part of the deal.

"Why?" I asked with attitude.

"Because I said so. I'll see you in two days." He declared without even asking me for my approval.

"You're coming here," I asked frantically. The idea of him coming here both pleased and scared me. I didn't mind seeing him but on the other hand, I was scared because with me being in heat that could possibly mean he would want to mate and I wasn't ready for that.