Chapter 24

Demi's POV

These last couple weeks have felt very different. Being in a relationship is different. It feels like it's been decades since my last real relationship. Marissa can tell its strange for me, but she says that's normal.

Did I make the right choice? I know it's a little late to be having second thoughts, but am I really ready? Sure Niall makes me happy. More happy than I've been in a while, but he made me just as happy when we were friends.

But I can't deny that sensation whenever he kissed me. That fluttery feeling in my stomach whenever he looked at me.

I sigh laying down on Dallas's bed. I've been staying at her apartment for the last week. Simply for the fact I miss her and I want to be with her for a little while. Thankfully she felt the same.

"Are you okay?" She asks looking over her shoulder at me. She is sitting at her desk with her laptop. Probably studying or something.

"Did I do the right thing? You know... Going out with Niall now?" I ask rubbing my temples with my index fingers.

She sighs turning back around to the laptop screen. We've had this discussion twice already, but I can't help but think I'm doing something wrong.

"Demi. It's normal to have second thoughs, so I wouldn't worry to much." She says for the third time for the past week.

"But I am worrying. I've never had second thoughts before." I admit sitting up.

"Maybe you've never cared this much before..." She says surprising me. My eyebrows furrow together. Maybe she's right. I mean, Niall is definitely different from all my exes. He's more... Compassionate. Not to mention he's hilarious and great to be around.

"I..." My voice trails off. I have nothing to say.

Dallas looks back at me with a smile. She's knows she's right and she wants to make that known.

"You really care about him don't you Dem?"

I sigh, but nod. I do care about him, a lot. Maybe I'm the idiot here for even having second thoughts about being with Niall. I care about him. He cares about me.

"Then calm down. How about you get some sleep and call him in the morning. Alright?"

I can tell she's done with this conversation so I nod and lay back down. I close my eyes and feel myself forgetting all doubt in my mind about Niall and I.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
Stay Strong

~Lexi W.