Chapter 2

Demi's POV

I woke up to the sound of my alarm clock blaring. My hand flies over and smacks the alarm off the nightstand, but the noise continues. With a groan I roll myself out of bed, literally, and land straight onto the floor. It wasn't as hard as I thought.

Reluctantly, I stand up and rub the sleep out of my eyes. Today I had a meeting to go to about album. So that's why I have to wake up at this ridiculous hour. I make my way to my closet when I pass the mirror.

My reflection makes me stop in front of it. My hair is the one thing that catches my eye. The dark brown, now seemingly, boring hair that went passed my shoulders.

My finger run through my knotty hair as I watch the color intently. I don't know why, but it just seems.. Boring now. I've had my hair this color for so long. Maybe I should give it a change. I shake my head before going to the closet.

After changing into dark skinny jeans and a Rolling Stones tee shirt, I grab my purse and make m way down the stairs. I look through my purse to make sure my phone is in fact in there before taking it out. Opening the twitter I tweet an update.

@ddlovato: Heading to a meeting for the album! Can't wait for you guys to hear it!

Well this should be a very long and interesting day.

Niall's POV:

My phone beeps, so I slide it out of my pocket. I see that Demi has tweeted. Yes I have her tweets sent to my phone. No it isn't weird. At least I don't think it is. I read the tweet before smiling. So she's going to a meeting today, maybe this could be my chance to finally meet her in person.

"Hey mate! What you doing?" Harry calls as he walks into the hotel room. I look up to him trying to hide my grin, which was pretty difficult. He stopped in place when he saw my face, instantly smirking.

"Let me guess. Demi?" He asks laughing a little. My cheeks become warm as I look back down to my phone screen. I hear him chuckle before taking a seat next to me on the sofa.

"Niall. If you like her that much. Just talk to her," he says like it's the easiest thing in the world.

I jump up off the couch, "You say it like it's easy! This is Demi Lovato we are talking about! She's... She's.." I trail off getting lost in thought of her beautiful face. Her huge smile that can just light up an entire room. Her amazing voice that is unlike any other. She's perfect...

A snap of fingers in my face wakes me from my thoughts. "I think you have it bad mate.." Harry laughs patting my shoulder.

He starts for the door before turning around once more, "Her meeting is down at Hollywood records. It's only a few blocks from here. Good luck," then he was gone.

My jaw drops. He knew the whole time. Maybe I underestimate Harry just a bit. I shake my head to wake myself up before running to the dresser. I have to look decent if I'm going to meet her. Wow, I'm going to meet Demi today. Who would have thought?

---

I run out of the hotel and to the bus stop. Sunglasses cover my face and I pull my hood of my hoodie over my head. It's still weird being famous now. Having fans running up to you on the streets asking for pictures and autographs. I never would have seen myself in this position two years ago.

The bus pulls up to a stop in front of me. I descend up the steps and make my way to the back of the bus. I'm just hoping no one notices me. Even more.. I hope I can actually speak to the girl of my dreams today.

Once the bus stops in front of Hollywood Records, I practically fly off the bus, dropping money in the bin of course. This is my chance, I keep repeating in my head. I look down at my phone, she tweeted over an hour ago. Maybe her meeting is ending.

I walk inside the building and up to the receptionist. The woman smiles up at me, "What can I do you for sir?"

I pull my hoodie down and take off my sunglasses. Her eyes grow wide for a second before returning to normal. "Niall Horan," she clears her throat, "What can I help you with?"

I take a deep breath trying to clear my nerves, "Um, I'm looking for Demi Lovato. Is she here?"

The woman nods quickly her face still slightly pale. I have a feeling she is a fan of the band, which I find kind of shocking. "Yes yes... But she is in a meeting right now. But I can send you up and you can wait for her?" She says already looking for the paper with the information on it.

I can't help but chuckle slightly. I'm used to teenage girls being fans, but never someone who looks to be in their mid 20's.

"Fifth floor, last room to the left," the woman says smiling sweetly.

"Thank you," I smile before walking towards the elevator. Every step I take the more nervous I get. What if she rejects me? What if she thinks I'm creepy for coming here? I sigh trying to clear my head.

The elevator dings as the doors slide open. Without looking I walk forward and collide with someone. We both fall and I fall on top of them.

"I'm so sor-" I stop mid-sentence when I see who it is, "sorry.."

"It's um... It's alright.." She laughs still laying under me. It's her. It's Demi. My heart instantly picks up and my palms become sweaty. I look down into her deep brown eyes. They were even brighter in person. Then I realize I'm still laying on her.

"Oh!," I yelp quickly standing up, "Here.." I hold out my hand. She takes my hand reluctantly smiling awkwardly. I pull her up as gently as I can. I'm so stupid. I just crushed the girl of my dreams. Way to go Horan. She looks over me before sighing. Well this just got incredibly awkward.

"I'm so sorry. Really," I say with a small laugh trying to break the awkwardness. She smiles and shakes her head.

"Really it's not a problem," she chuckles, "But I have to get going. I'm sorry.."

She presses the button to the elevator her hand shaking slightly. I can't let her get away after I went through all of this to see her. As the door opens and she walks in, I jump in with her and press the button to close the doors so it's just the two of us.

"What are you doing?" She asks nervously backing away into the corner.

I sigh, "I'm sorry.. I just wanted to talk to you. Wow I'm saying sorry a lot huh?"

She laughs nodding, "Yes you are. But do you think falling on me will get me to talk to you? If that's your technique, I suggest you find a new one," she jokes. I laugh along looking into her eyes. I can't get over how brown they are. The elevator travels down to the next floor.

"So. You're Niall," she says looking at the floor smiling to herself. My heart flutters knowing she knows my name.

"Yep. That's me.."

Her eyes travel up to mine her smile fading. My heart drops. Did I do something wrong? Well besides falling on her.. The elevator beeps as the doors open once again.

"I'm sorry Niall.. But I have to go."

And with that she was walking away and out the front doors.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Stay Strong and Beautiful!

~Lexi