18

I head to the cafeteria and was still annoyed that Damon had my phone. I'm sure Nicholas would be confused by me not responding to his messages and I avoided walking near his office as I quickly made my way towards the end of the long hallway.

"Mr. Hanicock."

I jumped as I heard my name being called and turned to see the exact person I was trying to avoid just as he exited one of the staff washrooms.

"Yes sir?"

"A word."

He walks off in the direction of his office and I reluctantly follow. Time wasn't on my side and I had a few more minutes before my lunch period was up but as I entered and heard the door close behind me, my appetite somehow vanished.

Turning to face him, I was completely unprepared for his wild kisses as he literally pinned my body onto his desk. At first I stayed stationary but then when my mind played catch-up, I pried myself from him.

"Whoa."

"Don't you think the time for being shy has passed?" He asked as he ventured closer; his voice dropping with every step.

"We need to talk... about this."

"What is there to talk about, hmm?"

Once again he's got me pinned to the wall and his firm lips start to command my neck.

"I'm serious... we need to stop this."

"What?"

"Someone saw us... and am... I think we..."

"Who saw us?"

"It doesn't matter but he threatened to tell the principal if we don't stop."

I watch as Nicholas takes a seat at the edge of his desk as he releases a nervous chuckle. He runs a frustrated hand through his thick hair as his mind goes deep in thought and I twist my thumb subconsciously.

"Maybe if you tell me who it is I could-"

"No." I interjected, "this has to end."

He takes a deep breath before nodding his head slowly and I half smile before leaving. Even though I didn't do this because Damon insisted that I do, I still knew that being with a lecturer was dangerous.

The bell rang just then, announcing the end of the lunch period and instead of going to class on an empty stomach, I decided to skip since it was just revision and I could study in my room. I slowly walked towards my dorm, careful to avoid anyone that might know me and left the huge building. It was about time I started working on my final projects and I made a quick detour to the library.

I spent the better part of my afternoon doing research and gathering information that by the time I finally came up for air, it was almost six. I gathered my stuff as the librarian started to lock up and briefly head out to a closeby food court to grab some dinner. The walk back to the campus was slow and cold and I finally noticed the change in weather as we approached the christmas season.

Arriving at my dorm, I dumped my work onto my desk and sat on my bed as I devoured the chicken sandwich and fries with my water. There was a knock at my door and before I could say enter, in walks Trent.

"Sup dude?" He greets. "You good?"

"Hey, just grabbing a bite before I have to catch up on some final projects,"

Trent takes a seat next to me and digs into my fries as he made himself comfortable. "Isn't finals like a little over a month away?"

"Yeah but I don't want my work to pile up on me."