17

My head was lowered, my shoulders were haunched and even the gravel beneath my feet refused to move with every thrust I gave. My first class felt like it took up years of my life and by its end, my body had, had enough. Sadly, I still had four more classes to go and I felt my shoulders sag even further as my feet slowly took the direction of my English Lit class.

As soon as I arrived at the entrance of the building and climbed those God awful stairs, I saw Alexis talking to Tyler and I was about to go over and tell her how weird the past few hours were but my plans were cut short when I saw Alexis reach up and kiss Tyler in front of everyone and I was surprised at how hurt I felt.

Why am I getting mad? It's not like I told her that Nicholas and I nearly had sex when I went over at his house last night, or what he did to me this morning. I didn't even tell her about the kiss between me and Damon.

We both had less time in the day to see each other and with all the work being forced upon us, I really shouldn't be getting mad. I sighed before heading to get a seat and was more than happy to discover, Damon didn't show up. If I had my way, I'd be glad if this happened until all my classes were over.

I pulled out my notepad and pen as I waited on the lecture to start while students slowly started to fill the large space.

"Nice artwork."

I looked up to see Alexis smirking and I slammed my book shut as once again I was caught drawing half naked pictures of my roommate.

"Hey, don't close it on my account." She took the seat next to me and I barely contained my eye roll. "I was just enjoying the view."

"Yeah, well I'm sure the view from Tyler is much better."

"What?"

"Oh don't play dumb with me. I saw you kiss him... Matter fact, the whole damn university saw you kiss him."

"What the hell crawled up your butt and died-"

"Why didn't you tell me about him?"

"We hardly see each other anymore Chris. I call you but you're too busy to talk, I come over to hang out but you're either out or studying so we can't hang. How am I ever going to tell you what's up in my life if you're not even in it?!"

"Whatever."

"Are you seriously mad at me?"

"Can we not do this right now?"

"N-"

I was so glad that the lecturer came in at that moment and cut her off but right behind him was Damon and as luck would have it, he took the seat right next to me. I felt like I was a damn sausage stuck between these two and I wanted no part in it.

Ms. Tatcher started the lecture and for the next forty five minutes my mind was cleared of all thoughts as I tried to focus on the lesson. The sudden vibration from my phone had me slamming my hand on the desk in shock and I withheld my painful yelp as everyone turned to face me. I faked a smile to the teacher before pulling out my cell and was surprised to see a text from Nicholas.

Blue Eagle: thinking of u. Hpe ur day is going swell.

I smile at his sweet message and was about to send a sneaked reply when my phone suddenly disappeared from my hand.

"Hey!" I snapped but an angry look from my lecturer had me piping down. "Give me back my phone Damon."

"Why? So you can go text that pervert of a man? No way."

"What I do is none of your concern."

"Am, I'm sorry but didn't we have this conversation before?"

"Stop being such a dick." I snapped loud enough for him to hear.

"Stop being such an easy target."

I narrowed my eyes at him and was about to give one of my snarky little comebacks when the bell rang announcing the end of the class period. I waited impatiently while the room emptied and even ignored Alexis as she tried to talk to me. Meanwhile Mr. Popular just sits on the combination; hands folded and my phone stashed away in his pocket.

"Can I have my phone back?"

"Not until you promise to stay away from that pedophile."

"Who I see is none of your business."

"Then I guess you won't have your phone back."

His pocket suddenly vibrates and he goes to check my messages just as I tried to snatch my phone from him. Damon moves just out of reach and is quick to pin me on top of the desk he just vacated.

"I can do this all day." He whispered as his lips gently grazed my ear. "We've got the rest of the day together."

"What is with you?" I demand as I try to shove him off me. As luck would have it; he was a rock. "First you pick on me for being gay then you kiss me... if I didn't know better I'd say you're just as gay as I am."

"Oh wouldn't you like that-"

"Then what is it?"

"I only kissed you so you wouldn't have to run to that old geezer for pleasure. If you wanna be gay, then be gay... just not with him, or any lecturer from this place."

"I'm supposed to believe that our heated kiss was just you looking out for me? Bullshit."

"I don't like you, doofus. You know what? Believe what you want, I'm out."

He pushes off from me before grabbing his bag and heading to the exit. "I'm not gay, I'm just concerned."

I watched his back walking away from me and as much as my brain was telling me he was straight, my heart couldn't believe it.