3

I had just left my last class of the day and a long sigh escaped me as I braced the banister near the back of the health science building. I narrowly managed to avoid the trio throughout the afternoon but my anxiety was getting the best of me as I dreaded returning to the room I shared with Damon.

I was almost at the end of my wits waiting on Alexis since her class was running a bit late and I nervously bit the nail on my middle finger as I tried to regulate my heart beat. Running a hand across the back of my neck, I checked the time once more and yet the hand refused to move from the number 10.

I snapped out of my thoughts as a few stoners came besides me and in no time the atmosphere was disturbed by the many aromas being created by their smokes. I couldn't understand why 1 in every group of young adults felt the need to damage their lungs. Deciding that I'd had enough, I pushed myself off the banister and headed to the student hall to wait on Alexis. I sent her a text of my new location and wasn't surprised when no response came.

Minutes later I was grabbing a horticulture text book as I ignored the eerie quietness of the empty room. Walking until I reached the very back of the too huge building, I chose the seat closest to the free wifi and got started on my endless research. Half hour later and still no reply from my best friend, I pulled on my headphones, clicked on my playlist of Drake and blasted the music as I once more delved into my work.

By six I had gathered all the information I needed and I decided to chance life as I headed back to my dorm room. Alexis still hadn't responded to my text and I blew out a frustrated breath as I made a mad dash across the green lawn towards my dorm.

The sky had changed from a nice blue to a really dark one in the short time I was in the student hall and now the campus was covered in water as the downpour of rain continued to increase.

Closing the door behind me, I breathed a sigh of relief at the emptiness and started to strip out of my clothing. I needed to take a shower but the appeasing look of my bed had me deciding against it and seconds later I released a loud groan as the bed morphed against my skin.

My body was starting to feel hot and my heart was slowly starting to pick up its pace. I felt soft lips pressed against my torso but I wasn't completely pulled out of my sleep until those soft lips reached just below my navel. My sense came back to me just as the person was about to go lower and my hands reached out on their own accord and grabbed the hair of the person, halting their actions.

I first opened one, then both eyes and it took me a second to focus on the form near me.

"Alexis?" I asked, my voice a hoarse mess.

Alexis sits up, a huge smile on her face before she lies besides me.

"Hi."

Turning to face her, I had confusion written all over my face as I stared into the deep brown eyes of my best friend. "What are you doing in my bed?"

"Well! I was trying to wake you up for like, the past few minutes but you were sound asleep so I improvised."

"By kissing your way to my privates?" I asked, eyebrows raised.

"I wanted you to think it was Damon."

"Ha ha, you're very funny." I say sarcastically before getting up. "What time is it?"

"It's almost ten."

"Seriously?"

"Yeah. Good thing I brought some dinner huh."

I turned to the only person that knew me so well and smirked as I saw her holding a bowl of food that I'm sure she stole from her roommate who just happens to be a chef in the making. Walking towards her, I plant a quick kiss on her forehead before sitting down on the edge of my desk and inhaling the delectable food.

I couldn't cook to save my life and times like these I hated myself for not being straight. Susan was a loving girl; maybe a bit older than me but she was pretty, single and could sure cook. I stopped inhaling the food and within seconds the bowl was cleared.

"What?" I asked when Alexis failed at hiding her smile.

"You eat so weird."

"I-"

Whatever.

"Are you going to the party tonight?"

"Do you even have to ask? I'm a nerd not a party freak and you know how I get when alcohol gets into this little body of mine."

"Oh come on! You've been at this school for little more than two years and you've never been to a party. I promise you it's fun-"

"That's what you always say!"

"And I'm always right! Look, I promise on my little choochi that I will make sure you don't drink. If you do, I promise to never make you go to another party for as long as I'm here."

"Promise?"

"Promise."

I weighed the pros and cons to this deal and finally said what the hell. It wouldn't hurt to go to one party and plus, I probably won't even taste any alcohol. I gave her a forced smile and headed to the bathroom to shower.

Half an hour later we were both heading out of the campus and walking the short distance to the DELTA BAE house where the party was being held. The rain had ceased but there was no telling for how long and the cold breeze that blew against my skin made me feel oddly happy. As soon as we arrived at the three story ancient structure we noticed the hoards of students and strange folks stretched out on the front lawn and all around the house.

Alexis interlocked our fingers and practically dragged me towards the entrance and I was glad I didn't know anyone that I came across.

The place was loud and smelt like any regular party except this one had the scent of weed heavily in the air. We forced our way through the crowd and Alexis grabbed two cups from off the long table closest to the winding staircase.

When she handed me one I gave her a stern look and she rolled her eyes before placing one then the other to her lips. I rolled my eyes at her predictable attitude and as soon as she downed the last cup one of her friends recognized her and they embraced as only girls do.

The music was so loud that I couldn't hear a word they were saying and before long Alexis was shouting in my ear how she would be right back. Before I could even grab her she was gone and I tried my best not to panic.