5

Pic of Trent above ^^^

~

In a flash I hear and see everything.

People are screaming and running around me, snatching whatever they can on their way out. I vaguely heard the noise from downstairs but it was hard not to hear the sirens of the police car. Someone grabs my arm and roughly pulls me and before I can focus on what's going on I'm literally being dragged down the stairs and out the door.

I see the hoards of people running in every direction and cars hastily pulling off and I can't even see clearly enough to count how many police cars are here. I can't make out the person who is dragging me and I don't have time to as soon I'm being forced through a wire fence before I'm once again running through the pitch black night.

I had no idea where I was going, or who I was going with and it seemed as though the alcohol inside my system was starting to act up again.

Soon, the guy releases my hand before pushing me through a door and into another one and as we finally come to a halt I discover that we are in one of the frat houses. A switch is turned on and I come face to face with the person that rescued me.

He's the same height as I am which is just above average and he had that hot geeky vibe about him. I tried to focus my slowly fading vision and by what I could tell; he had black hair, dimples, brown eyes and a shy smile. Before I could slip into unconsciousness I heard words suddenly spill from my mouth in incoherent slurs.

"Am, correct me if I'm wrong but I'm positive we don't know each other."

"Oh, you probably forgot. I'm Trent."

My eyes give him a once over and even though I feel on guard at being in an unfamiliar setting with a guy who I supposedly met before, the intoxicated part of my brain is slowly causing me to slip into unconsciousness and all I do is nod before spotting a bed and heading over. It didn't even occur to me that it might belong to one of his roommates but I'm already too tired to care and I quickly get in before allowing my body to mold into the comfortable sheets.

~

My mind is slowly slipping in and out of consciousness and I try to pull myself to the now but the heaviness of my eyelids and head causes my reality to become loopy. I slowly count to five and I sigh as first, one then both eyes open. I'm thankful for the dark room and I force myself to a sitting position. Maybe that was my mistake; my stomach felt like it was pressing against my spine and my throat was insanely dry. There was a pounding in my head and before I knew it I was rushing to the toilet to bring up the contents of the previous night.

After what felt like hours, I finally calmed down and I slumped against the seat as my body became physically drained. I heaved as I tried to keep myself calm but due to all the alcohol in my system I knew today was going to be one of the worst days of my existence.

"Hey, are you okay?"

My eyes barely met those of the boy standing in the doorway and I hadn't the energy to respond. He leaves for a while and when he returns he has a basin filled with water and ice cubes and a towel over his shoulders. My eyes follow his every move and he kneels besides me before flushing my puke.

The sound of the rushing water somehow calms me and I breathe easier before I feel his warm Palm against my forehead.

"Sorry to say this bud." He whispers softly. "But you're going to have a shitty day."

My only response is a groan and I moan as he presses the cold cloth to my forehead. A shiver travels the length of my body and I crack an eye open to look up into the face of my angel.

His eyes are lighter than when I previously saw him and they held such concern that I hear myself utter a groan. He shifts his gaze from my forehead to my eyes and I hold my breath as his cheeks became dented. In that moment, I knew what love was.

"Do you have classes today?" He mumbles and my eyes are stuck to his overly pink lips.

"I-I..." I go silent as he makes me a giant mush.

"You can rest in my room if you want too."

My eyes finally focus on my surroundings and I sit upright as everything hits me hard.

"Shit, I gotta go."

I stumble up and ignore the pounding in my head as I rush for the door and out the building. I'm all the way across campus at one of the frat houses and I withheld my groan as I began running towards my dorm. I had four classes today and two of them were labs. There was no way that I could just skip to sleep off my headache and I made up my mind to strangle my best friend the second I laid eyes on her.

I rush into my room and I'm overjoyed that it's empty. Judging from all the bits and pieces of memory that kept popping up from the previous night, I was in no mood to see or speak to anyone. I quickly took a bath and pulled on a jersey and jeans before grabbing my backpack and shoving what I needed inside. Seconds later I was racing towards my building and I barely made it to my seat before my Entomology lecturer walked in.

I spent the better half of the day massaging my temple and trying desperately to focus on the lectures, the other half avoiding the hoards of students that wanted to commemorate me for the escapade last night and the little time I had to myself was used to expertly avoid the trio. That last one was easy since you would most likely hear them before seeing their faces.

As soon as my third class of the day was over I head to the first boys' room I found and dropped my bag as I tried to take some deep breaths. My hangover was almost completely gone but I still needed to wet my face since all I wanted to do was sleep. I had one last lab to attend and it was more than likely to end late so I had to prepare myself.

When I was sure I wouldn't bump into a wall from how tired I was I grabbed my bag and walked out, bumping into someone as soon as I did so.

"Sorry." I mumbled but smiled when I recognized Trent. "Hey!"

"Hey, how's the head?"

"A night of sleep and I'll be as good as new."

"Glad to hear."

He was about to head off to wherever when he stopped and raised an eyebrow in my direction.

"You've become somewhat of an icon in these halls."

"What?"

"Apparently everyone can't seem to stop talking about the life of the party. Careful there, or the triple D's will have a new competitor."

"I-I."

I became lost for words but luckily my time told me I was running late and I hurried to the last class of the day.