Chapter 17

Next day

Elizabeth's POV

I fix my hair into a pulled back look. There's a knock on the door I walk over to the source of the sound. I open the door. "Oh. Jason you're just on-". My heart stops. "Happy Birthday Elizabeth." He grins at me. "Y-Yoongi." He had a bouquet of sunflowers in his hand. I stand there for a while, trying to let my brain function. This was another dream right? 

He looked exhausted, like he hasn't been sleeping right. Maybe its because of his hard work with his album, I knew it wasn't because of me. I knew he already moved on, I had read numerous articles about them being together in public. For the three months we weren't together, he had looked happy with her. After the twentieth article I stopped reading them and let my life change without him in it. Even if it didn't change all too good, maybe the only good thing that came out of Yoongi leaving me is Jason.

"You look beautiful." He says. I swallow saliva, my throat had gone dry. "T-Thanks.." I say. He runs his fingers through his blonde hair. "These are for you." He shows me the bouquet. He looked well dressed, like he was going somewhere. Maybe somewhere nice with Jennie. I take the flowers from his hand, avoiding his touch.

"Thank you.." I whisper. I hear a hiss. I look down at Mittens, he had anger in his little eyes. His back arched and his tail stiff.

"Elizabeth.. I.. Uh.." I stare down at the flowers. I couldn't stop my heart from pounding. "I hope you have a nice day today.." He says. I nod.

**

Yoongi's POV

It pained me to stand here and see her unable to look me in the eyes. And I wondered whom this Jason guy was, it was obvious that she had moved on. And I wondered if I should let her go.

"If you don't ever want to see me again I won't come back." I say. She looks up at me. "I don't know what I want anymore." She says. I try to steady my breath. "As I stand here in front of you, its clear to me that my heart has a mind of its own. And that I can't stop any sort of feeling that comes from my chest." She looks else where. "I needed answers from you Min Yoongi. And yet you pushed me away." She says. "Because I had to." I speak up.

Her eyebrows knit. "I don't understand how you can say that." She shakes her head. "Watch channel 4 tonight and you'll understand why." I say. She shakes her head. "I'm sorry Min Yoongi. I don't think anything will.." She stops. "Why are you doing this?" She asks. I take a breath. "Because.. I still-". "Elizabeth?" I hear behind me. A smile grows on her face. "Jason."

My heart had just been ripped out of my chest and stepped on a thousand times. That smile, wasn't for me. I step back and look at this Jason guy. He was around my height, maybe a inch or two taller. "Whose this?" He asks looking at her. My stomach drops. There it was, the look in his eyes. There was a twinkle in his eye as he looked at her. And I've realized that I'm out of place, like a black sheep in a herd of white.

"This is Min Yoongi." She says. His eyes shoot to me, there was such hate that stirred in his gaze that fell so harshly upon me. He knew, he knew that I had hurt Elizabeth. "So you're Min Yoongi." He says biting his lip. I hear her door close. "And he was just leaving." She says walking in the middle of us. She hands me the bouquet of flowers and I tried my best not to let my eyes water. "Good bye Min Yoongi." She says taking Jason's wrist and pulling him off her door step.

From the three months of not being able to see her, I'm slapped in the face with this. I felt so violated and thrown down. This lingering pain that crept into my chest where my heart was supposed to be. Now a dark dark pit of nothing.