Chapter 1

I wonder why things happen, like things that hurt you. Or make you cry. I wonder if God does it for a reason, and if that reason is for the best. I remember the first time I thought I was in love.. I thought I was in love for all the right reasons. I thought it was all I can ask for.

**

I stand there trying to decide which cereal to chose. Yeah, I know. Such a big decision. But for a girl who lives alone. That's a big deal. "Lucky Charms... Cinnamon Toast Crunch.." I look at both boxes. "You've got a win win on which ever one you chose. Lucky Charms, can't beat those little marshmallows. But Cinnamon Toast Crunch, the milk tastes amazing after." I turn my head to the voice.

Before me stands a man, maybe a year or two older than me. His dark orbs peer into my hazel ones. "Oh really? So which one do you recommend?" I ask. I honestly haven't flirted with a guy since high school. He taps his chin that had stubble, his face looked a bit ungroomed. He had a bad case of 5 o'clock shadow, and he looked fairly tired.

The bags under his eyes stretched as he smiles. "Well, you can never ever go wrong with Lucky Charms." I'm about to put the Cinnamon Toast Crunch cereal box back on the shelf. "But then again..." He says. A flirtatious laugh leaves my lips out of no where. Wow, I guess that I'm back to that old Elisabeth huh?

I quickly take the Lucky Charms box and toss it in my cart. I look over my shoulder as I make my way down the aisle. "Thanks." I say simply throwing him the cutest smile I could cook up. He stands there running his fingers through his hair as a smirk plays across his face.

I continue through the market, trying so hard not to grab random things I don't need. I've got a bad case of that. One time I went to the pet store to get my cat some food and I came out with two fish, that ended up dying the next day.. Ugh. Such a waste of 3 bucks. Three new collars. A fluffy bed and 4 new cat toys. Shit. I almost walked out with a hamster, why I needed one? I have no idea, all this is completely irrelevant.

I'm ripped away from my stupid thoughts as my cart bumps into someone. I mentally scold myself. "I'm so-" He turns with a wide smile. "Seems like you're following me around." He says turning towards me. I almost laugh out loud. "You wish." I say turning my cart around heading to the other end of the aisle.

**

Once I finish my shopping I decide to head to the nearest coffee shop. The shop I've gone to for years. I walk into the small place and the cold air from the ace hits me in the face harshly causing my cheeks to hurt. I walk up to the front counter. "Annyeong Elizabeth the usual?" I smile and nod. "Ooh. What's the usual?" I hear in my ear. I turn with my heart pounding as I was startled.

"Now whose following who around?" I ask walking to a free table. He orders his drink then companies me without my permission. "So you come here often?" I pick at my cuticles not looking at him. "Yes." I say simply. I sense him grinning. "So. Lucky Charms what's your real name?" He asks. I continue to look down and brush my hair behind my ear.

There's the shy Elizabeth that I knew would be in there some where dying to come out. "Elizabeth." I say. Not really wanting to continue further with this conversation. "Jason" he says in a husky tone I look up at him. "So Jason. Is that how you get a girls attention? You follow them around?" I ask in a stern tone. His eyebrows go up.

"Excuse me? Can't a guy go through out his day without having some girl assuming outrageous shit? Because for your information I ain't following anyone around. Its a coincidence that I bumped into you, okay? So maybe before you start making people look like fucken creeps, you should stop and think and get the idea that it's possibly a coincidence." He says looking completely pissed.

His words were like a slap in the face, and I feel really messed up. He's about to get up when I grab a hold of his hand. "Jason.. I'm sorry." I spit out. He looks at me his mad expression softening. "I guess... I haven't been in a conversation with a guy in a long time. I suck at flirting." I confess. His eyebrows unknit. "So if you would please forgive me." I say, fighting for him to accept my apology.