TWENTY-EIGHT

The next morning I woke from his alarm. I groaned from annoyance, 'babe why is your alarm going off' I moaned. 'Because I have to go to work babe you know that' he said kissing my cheek. 'No now I'm cold' I whined trying to pull him back to bed.

'Don't you have plenty stuff to do for yourself? like cancelling your apartment, studying and calling Tessa back. Also you have to think about Christmas and thanksgiving how we are going to celebrate. Just with the two of us or are we involving our families?' he asked me.

'I think about it' I said, that was a really good question. Do I really want to spend Christmas with my family and his? I know that they are not going to like it. Either of the families. I sighed, threw the covers off my body and walked to the bathroom. 'Tim do you think are families will like each other?' I asked him. 'Do you want me to be honest or lie and make you feel better?' he asked me. 'What do you think just be honest please' I begged. 'Then no I don't think that but on the other side of the coin they will have to. We are together and we love each other and they have to deal with that' he said. I nodded, 'maybe it's time for my siblings to meet you' I said. 'I think so too' he said.

'Alright maybe we invite them all here, this apartment is big enough for all of us and so we spend time together as one big family and you can meet all of them' I said imagining it. 'That sounds great angel' he said kissing my temple. 'How late are you home?' I asked him, 'well I really have a lot to do today because I am too much spending my time with you. So don't count me in on dinner' he said. 'Alright maybe I can meet up with Tessa tonight' I said and kissed his cheek. 'Be careful today alright' I said, 'always' he said and walked out the door.

I decided to do some housekeeping, I vacuumed the rooms in the house and those are a lot. Including cleaning the kitchen counter and refrigerator. When I did some groceries I grabbed my phone and dialed Tessa's number. 'Tessa speaking' she said. 'Hi it's Alex, do you want to hang out tonight?' I asked. 'Yes of course I would love too, but if you don't mind me asking why?' she asked'. 'Well I want to rebuild our relationship, Tim is working late so I thought the perfect night to have a girls night' I said. 'I'm in, at my place 3 in the afternoon?' she asked. 'Yes that is okay, see you soon bye' I said and ended our conversation. Maybe I can finally start to rebuild my relationship with Tessa after everything that had happened.

When I locked everything up, I took a cab to Tessa's house. She moved to a new address and the house is really pretty. When I got out Tessa was already waiting for me. 'Hi babe' she said and kissed my cheek. She hugged me like we didn't see each other for years. It felt like that but really it's been just a few days. 'Are you alright' she asked me still worried after what happened with Roger. 'let's go inside' I said and I walked in. 'This house is so pretty, great job Tessa' I said and walked in the living room. 'Thanks' she said and I sat down on the bench. 'How are you feeling after Roger confronter you and Tim?' she asked me.

'I am recovering' I said, 'what did he say?' she asked me. 'Nothing much just informing Tim of my past with Roger. The past that you know off' I said. She nodded and grabbed my hand, 'I realized I never closed it. My son and his death. I've decided to call him Matthew' I said. 'That is a beautiful name Alex' she said. 'Why the sudden decision?' she asked. 'Well Tim asked me, and I started to think about it' I said. 'Tim is really helping you isn't he?' I nodded 'he is Tessa, please accept that' I begged. 'I am working on it' she said grinning. 'That means the world to me' I said. 'I have some news too' she said. 'Marcel asked me to marry him and I said yes' she said glowing all the way. 'But Tessa that is amazing congratulations' I said. 'I wanted to share this with you as one of the first before wedding invitations are being send' she said.

'Tessa I am so happy for you, I will be there of course' I said. 'And now to the following question, will you be my bridesmaid?' she asked me. 'Of course I will be, I'd be honored' I said and kissed her cheek. 'Alright let's celebrate with good old fashioned delivery pizza and cola' I grinned. 'Yes that is a wonderful idea' she said. 'My treat' I said and ordered the pizza. 'This is great, us spending time together like we always did' she said. 'You know we are growing up and we have to accept that we are. But that doesn't mean we are not getting to spend time together like we once did' I said. She nodded, 'I am happy for you Tessa I really am, you deserve it. And I am so sorry for everything that happened between us. You are still my best friend' I said. 'That means so much Alex, you are my best friend too' I said. 'And I really need you in this time, with planning and choosing the cake' she said smiling. 'I don't want to miss it for the world' I said.