TWENTY-SIX

It was a little while ago I searched for my own apartment. I kind of stopped when all those horrible things happened. But now I know I finally found my own place. A place I took care for, I found this amazing place and I decorated it. It feels great, and I feel independent for making it this far without any help.

But of course I had to call the real estate agent first before I can be all happy about a place I haven't even bought yet. I typed his phone number and pressed the green button to call. 'Hello, best real estate agents in Manhattan how can I help you?' the kind lady over the phone asked me.

'Ah yes hello, miss Montgomery speaking. I am interested in a rent apartment you just placed on your website and I can say I am interested' I said.

'That is perfect, maybe you can stop by this afternoon so we can see over the apartment. You are the first to call, what is your name so I can write it down in the agenda?' she asked me. 'My name is Alex Montgomery, I see you later thank you' 'bye' she said and we finished the conversation.

This way I can finally pick up the left overs stored at Tessa her old house and this way I can finally start on my own. I just closed my laptop when Tim crashed the apartment. 'What are you doing home?' I asked. 'Is that a way to treat your boyfriend when he comes home early?' he asked a little offended.

'Well I would but it's 10 in the morning. Shouldn't you be at work, working?'

'Smart angel, but no I want to spend the day with you' he said and avoided eye contact. 'You have questions?' I asked him, 'just thought about them but don't be mad or confused you don't have to answer if you are not comfortable' he said. I nodded, 'but I thought we left it behind us?' I said.

'I can't do that angel, you were pregnant and your baby died I feel like we need to close this for good' he said'. 'And how are you planning on doing that huh? What if I don't want that?' I said. 'Angel how could you not want that?' he asked me. 'You could tell me where he is buried or what you would have called him if things were different' he said.

'But Tim things aren't different my son is gone, he isn't here anymore I had years to accept that please do that too' I begged. 'I can't I feel like he is part of me, part of us' 'but he isn't, he wasn't even yours' I snapped. He sighed, he crossed the line again.

'Look if we really are going to talk about my son then it's time for you to open up about your past. You know everything now and it's only fair-'

'Wait a minute there darling, fair you want to talk about fair. You didn't even tell me about Roger being the father or you being pregnant. Why didn't you tell me huh, you didn't trust me did you?' he said.

'You are avoiding the real question here but to answer you no I didn't trust you alright, and why should I the most powerful man with pretty eyes sat next to me as an complete stranger. I won't tell these things to strangers alright' I said. 'Look you want to talk about this fine, but I won't be the only one talking. If you want me to open up to you about this it's your time to talk and open up about yourself to me' I snapped. 'Angel I-' he said but I cut him off.

'No, all I want is a normal life with you Tim is that too much to ask?' I asked him. 'Darling our life will never be normal, ever' he said. 'I know, but as long as you are not talking to me I am not opening up more about this. That is not fair Tim and you know it' I snapped and he knew what I meant. He knew I was right about him and this whole situation.

'Well so much for a nice day out' he said, 'no thank you' I whispered and walked to the kitchen to make some breakfast. Why is he doing this difficult, why can't we just have a day without drama. And now I have to tell him I am going to move out and live in my own apartment. I sighed and made a bowl of yoghurt and some strawberry's. 'Angel, look I'm s-' 'I am moving out' I said stopping his talking. He stared at me for a few moments in silence. This silence is killing me.