THREE

GETTING OUT.

GETTING OUT.

CONGRATULATIONS YOUR GETTING OUT.

GETTING OUT.

Those words kept repeating in my head. I was frozen when mister Conrad said it to me. I couldn't believe him. How in the name of god is it possible that is was getting out. Did god forgave me, hell did i even forgave myself for the things i had done.

When he told me i didn't leave immidiatly. I stayed, well i stood there in silence and he was getting kind of worried. But before he could make any other decision like letting me stay for a few more years i told him i was fine and we talked.

I think it's the best if i keep this for myself. At least for now. Jamie isn't getting out anytime soon well at least i think so. Maybe she would getting jealous, she thinks we will be in here for a while. Together. And now her plans aren't going to work out at all.

Why do i bother thinking about this when i'm getting out. I shouldn't need to care but i do. I care a lot. And that sucks sometimes that i feel so much all the time. I'm getting out in four weeks and this means i have to contact my family. Tell them i'm getting out and i'm sure they wouldn't agree on this but i need an adres where i can go to.

Maybe my aunt? No she is too close to my parents. Maybe Tessa, i haven't talked to her in ages also cause she wouldn't visit. I should give her a call you never know.

CONGRATULATIONS YOU'RE GETTING OUT' mister Conrad said to me. And i couldn't believe my own ears.

WHAT

HOW

WHEN

Those three things spun around my head over and over again.

'Alex are you alright' he said worried.

'B-but how is that possible, i have like a year or two left' i asked him.

'You've shown much approvement and this wasn't my own decision. No i talked to the board compared your amount of shots what were none till today. You are better and that you're out doesn't mean you're rid of us. You have to see a psychiater every week. And there will be someone to check in on you once a month to check how you are doing and on this way you will get back into society' he explained.

'But what about my house i can't live with my parents and what about a carreer, a job and money' i asked him like a freaking crazy person.

'You will be fine, and you are starting with a simple job where you can save money with and buy or rent your own place and from that you move further. Like i said you will be fine. Now go, sleep and we will talk tomorrow again after a good night rest alright'.

'Yes that is probably a good idea, night mister Conrad'

'Night Alexandra'.

And that was the yesterday. But even after sleeping the whole night i still can't picture myself getting out.

'Almost time for phonecalls i'll see you later' Jamie asked me.

'Actually i'm joining you this time'

'You are going to pay your family a phonecall are you nuts'

'Not my family but if you must know an old friend of mine, Tessa'

'The friend who never visited you'

'Will you stop judging for once'

'Alright fine sorry, do what you need to do' she said and we walked to the phones and stood in line. I let Jamie go first cause i didn't want to know her about me getting out.

I heard her talk to her family, she wasn't nice to them but what do i know. 'Alright bye' Jamie said to her mother i think.

'Go ahead' she said and pointed to the phone she just used.

'Thanks' i said and walked to the phone.

'If you don't mind i stay here with some popcorn cause i want to see you cursing her' she laughed, she thinks this is so funny. Sometimes i don't know why we hang out, i don't care about a lot of things but this is kind of important.

'Actually you go ahead i will see you later' i said to her and thankful she got the hint.

'Fine but i want to know everything' i nodded and she left.

Even after not talking to her for a few years, i still know her cell number. When i dialed the number the line was dead for a few minutes cause she needs to accept this line. Knowing it is me who is calling.

'Alex' Tessa asked warridly. She didn't expect me to call i think. No not i think, i know.

'Yes it's me, how are you' i asked or tried asking.

'Really that is what you ask me after all these years' she said.

'You never came, so i took that as a sign not to call or contact you at all but now things have changed and i only have a few minutes'

'Fine, i'm alright i guess i'm dating this wonderful guy and i graduated i'm an official doctor now'

'I'm happy for you Tessa, i really am but i need to ask you for a favor'

'And that is? But you have to know i can't do much out here for you in there' she almost whispered to me.

'Well soon that isn't needed anymore, i'm getting out Tessa'

'You what, are you for real? When?' She asked me even a little bit excited.

'In a few weeks and i need to give them an adres where i will be staying for the first few weeks to months. Tessa i don't want to call them or have to live with them. Not that they would take me back in. My point is can i give them yours. Can i stay with you for the first few weeks till i got something for myself' i asked her almost desperate.

'I don't know Alex, we haven't talked in so long and-'

'Please, you won't even notice me being there' i begged again.

'Fine you can stay here, you can give them my adres' she said.

'You have no idea how much you just helped me, but my time is up i call you soon alright'

'Alright, i talk to you soon and Alex it is great hearing from you'

'Same, bye' i said and stepped away from the phone with this smile on my face i haven't showed in years.

When i walked back to my bunk i got stopped by some new guard. 'Inmate, mister Conrad wishes to see you' i nodded and walked to his office.

'Conrad you wished for you to see me'

'Yes Alex please sit, have you thought about yesterday what we had discussed' he asked me.

'I did mister and i have an adres where i will be staying for the first couple of weeks'

'That is great Alex, with your family'

'Not by blood. With Tessa my best friend'

'That is great, things will work out just fine for you i'm sure of that'

'Thanks mister, if you don't mind i'm going back to my bunk'

'Yes of course i will let you know if i know more about when you will released exactly'

'Thank you' i said and gave him Tessa's adres.

He is right, things will work out just fine.