Chapter 60: Gigi

"I never wanted to choose to Daisy."

"Huh?" I ask him, my eyebrows furrowed in both anger and confusion. "What do you mean you didn't want to choose Daisy? What, you mean to tell me you wanted to go for Maya all along? Then why the fuck didn't you choose her?! Are you stupid? You simply decided to choose Daisy when you never really wanted her in the first place? What are you even saying?"

"Gigi, let me explain."

"Explain what? That you broke Maya's heart when it could've been avoided because your feelings were mutual? If you had simply chosen Maya, all this wouldn't be happening! So go ahead! Give me your grand excuse for this mess!" I shout out, the pain in my heart only seeming to get bigger.

My eyes water as I remember Maya's peaceful face as she slept on her hospital bed. This is all his fault. She could've been fine if it weren't for this idiot! Why couldn't be that one person to have such a huge impact on her life? Why couldn't I be enough for her? Why am I not enough? The tears only multiply not seeming to end as they did a few times during the night. I'm still surprised I have tears to cry, but I do.

"I didn't have a choice..." He starts, his voice lowered and careful to not stir me up but it's pointless but I'm already angry.

"You didn't have a choice?! Everyone has a choice! And you fucked up! Congrats superman!"

His face contorts to become serious rather than the apologetic look he had beforehand.

"Gigi, you don't know even half the things I go through so make it up to be something black or white. It's not that simple. When I say I didn't have a choice it means the other choice is something that seemed too abstract for me to accept."

"So, what? Why did you choose Daisy? The police forced you?" I ask him, sarcasm flooding out with every word.

"Daisy blackmailed me."

"With what?" I ask him, daring him to surprise me.

"I obviously can't tell you or I wouldn't have chosen Daisy!" I growls, getting tired and frustrated.

"Well you know what! It must not matter that much because let me remind you that Maya is on that hospital bed, in a coma! So what is it!?" I spit, carefully articulating every word of that last sentence.

"Gigi stop talking like you know everything but the matter of fact is you don't! I am in no way entitled to tell you anything so just live with it!"

I feel my blood boil far more than it should and get up, not ready to disturb everyone in the hospital although, honestly, I really could.

"Cale you are despicable! I hate you and when Maya will wake up, she'll hate you too!" I shout at him before turning on my heels and heading out to cool my head.

I can't. I can't cope with this, I can't think, I can't breathe, I can't tolerate the pain in my heart, I can't ignore the ache in my head, I can't dismiss the anger in my entire being.

Everything is going wrong because of him. It's all him. All his fault. If Maya had never met him, if I had never even mentioned him to her that day in class then none of this would have happened. It's my fault after all. But he took everything from me. Maya's heart, her time, her secrets, her pain, her emotions, her lips, her consciousness. That's all him.

But I can delude myself from reality.

Even without his petty existence, she would have never reciprocated the feelings I have for her. She just doesn't know. Doesn't know how her smile makes my day brighter, how her hugs makes my heart beat faster, how her laugh makes my feel warm inside, how her company makes me feel worth more than a billion diamonds. She makes me feel special. She makes me feel happy. I love her, and yet she'll never feel the same way. I hoped that her disinterest for guys could be a sign that she was asexual. In that way, nobody could have her, and that soothed my aching heart. But then Cale arrived with his mysterious personality igniting enigmas in Maya's mind, wanting to solve them for herself.

I wish she interested herself in me as much as she did him.

Why couldn't it be me?

I would have treated her a thousand times better than he did. I would have never made her cry or doubt herself. I would have never let her be short on affection either. But it's too late. Her trust in me is already gone. And either way, it wouldn't have worked. She doesn't have feelings for girls, so I never would have been an option for her.

I feel my chest tighten once again as tears fall and hit the ground. Why is this happening to me? To her? Why was it Maya? Why did she cross that road when I ran that extra part that Cale didn't, just for her. Just to be rejected. Just to be held accountable for all her misery.

Just to see her body collide with that car.

Just to end up losing her.

---

Hey guys!

This story will come to an end soon (just a warning) but there will be a sequel to it (as it will be left with a big cliffhanger).

Overall what do you guys think?

Oh and have I forgotten to mention THAT THIS IS ALMOST REACHING 1K?! I'm beyond happy and so surprised! I remember feeling incredibly happy after this story reached 100 views! This is insane! Thank you so much for reading this story!

Song: Mononoke - Alice