Chapter 40: Maya

I feel my throat go dry all of a sudden and I swallow hard to simply digest what Gigi has just said.

"He has an ex?" I ask trying to remain as calm as possible.

My heart starts beating faster. I'm stressing out. Why am I worried? After all Gigi just said he hates her right?

"I thought you already knew..." Gigi grows quiet and I know that's not a good sign.

"Anyways! Tell me about you!" I say trying to force out enthusiasm to not make her mood go down.

I know Gigi too well. Whenever she feels like she's the cause of me being upset, she gets even more upset and feels guilty for days on end sometimes.

She looks down at the sheets. "I'm sorry..." She whispers.

"It's okay! It really is! It just surprised me because I had no idea!" I tell her as I wrap my arms around her. She holds me too and buries her face in my shoulder.

"I really am sorry."

"I swear it's fine! Tell me more about the guy from before."

I still feel my heart hammering in my chest but I don't say anything about it because I know it'll only upset Gigi.

"Well you know Carter?"

"The guy you thought was really hot for a long time?" I reply a smug smile on my face.

She laughs and I can see her smile starting to appear again.

"Well... There's something I haven't told you..."

I nod, obviously very interested as to where this is going to lead to.

"Well we're going out."

"What?! How?! When?! TELL ME EVERYTHING!" I can feel excitement jumping out of my chest for her.

"Well, we start dating a few weeks back..."

"A few weeks back?! And you didn't tell me!"

"Hey! You didn't tell me about Cale so now we're even!"

"Oh come on! I waited like a day not even!"

"How about that first kiss!"

"I didn't think it was important." I reply awkwardly avoiding her gaze and smiling to try to appease her mock anger.

She raises an eyebrow.

"Anyways, we had to keep it secret because apparently his bestfriend liked me and he wanted to tell him the news without breaking the friendship up. And he made me swear not to tell you. I didn't want to break his trust and lose him as both a boyfriend and a friend."

"Ok, then what?"

"Well you know that party...?"

"Yea."

"Well I got really drunk and... I ended up hooking up with Carter."

There is a pause. I daydream for about half a second and then I find myself digging into my memory to find the exact words that left her mouth.

"Wait. Just wait a second and skip backwards a few seconds ago. You guys hooked up? What do you mean by that...?"

"We had sex."

What?

I stayed silent for about 5 seconds looking at her as if I were in a trance.

"I'm sorry, what?" I ask again, just to clarify I heard right.

"We had sex, Maya, like you know, a dick goes into the vagina and often results in immense pleasure... No? Rings a bell?" The sarcasm in her voice would be me chuckle if it weren't for this situation.

I'm just shocked.

"Do you remember everything?" I ask immediately, by reflex, and I'm not quite sure why it's the first thing I ask instinctively.

"Yea, pretty much everything."

"Wait... How do I not already know this? When was this?"

"Last week at the party, I already told you." She says looking away.

"I'm speechless. My bestfriend is a woman. Officially."

There's a pause.

"How did it lead up to that?" I finally ask her.

I still can't believe it happened. Moreover it happened a while ago and I only know of this now?

"Well since the party was at his house, we sort of got upstairs, made out for like a thorough 20 minutes like we usually do when we're alone, but that night was special because Henry, the bestfriend, he knew and he was okay with it but at that moment Carter really couldn't contain himself and frankly neither could I. I knew we were taking one step further after we took our shirt off but I couldn't stop... Then we took everything else off and it started pretty slow."

"What do you mean by slow? Like he was slow?"

She laughs out loud for a whole minute and I am tempted to laugh with her but I feel like she's laughing at me and my lack of knowledge in this department rather than at what I just said, so I simply awkwardly smile towards her.

"No not at all! I mean we didn't directly go into the sex, there was a little foreplay..."

"Now, this is getting awkward." I say immediately sneaking a few chuckles.

"Girls, we're having dinner in 10 minutes!" I hear my mother call from downstairs.

"Ok!" Gigi calls back.

"I still don't know what to do with Cale..." I say as I think about it.

Are we even together? Or a 'thing'? Are we a couple?

I'm not sure.

"My advice is to ask him about whether you guys are exclusive yet or not... Ask him if he's ready to commit and if he isn't then tell him even if he doesn't have the title of boyfriend it's okay for you guys to be together. Anyways I want you happy and I think he makes you happy." She says smiling truthfully at me but for some reason I seem to see sadness in her eyes.

"Often." I reply, thinking about those days when I cried.

"What do you mean often? Has he already hurt you? I will kill that motherfucker if he dares break your heart."

I give Gigi a heartwarming smile that radiates gratitude.

"Thanks, that means a lot." I reply.

Is it bad to think my bestfriend cares more about me than my mom?

"Okay, now let's get you ready for dinner before your mom comes up and drags us down."

I stifle a laugh and let her choose my outfits and do my makeup. After all, she is the best when it comes to it.

---

Hey guys! So this is a little side story to distract a little I guess.

What's up with Gigi at the moment?

Since Gigi has been experimenting with different boys while Maya preferred studying it seems obvious Gigi's the person Maya would go to for advice.

Have a fun time reading the next chapter! (About Cale and his mom's huge confession part 2)