Chapter 18: Cale

"What are you doing?" I ask my voice tingling with disgust as Daisy follows behind me.

I turn around to face her and she gives me an apologetical smile, frowning her eyebrows and making herself seem smaller by hunching up her shoulders.

"I'm sorry Cale! It's just that... I don't have any friends yet... I guess all my old friends somewhat moved on or left."

"Then make new friends. I only agreed to meet you that day because you said you absolutely had to tell me something."

"Yea, but I wanted to see you! I missed you a lot you know."

She cocks her head to one side, letting her golden locks fall in front of her face as her blue eyes sparkle.

I stay silent. What do I say? What does she want me to say? I've changed since last time. I'm no longer hopeful for anything. No longer have any dreams of. What happened between us is done and I gave her too many chances which she screwed up. I'm not going back to trusting women and especially not her.

"What? What are you thinking about?" She asks me, her lips curling to become a smirk.

"I'm going to go eat." I say turning away.

"Hey! Cale! That's not fair! You just brushed me off right there!" She calls running after me.

She grabs hold of my sleeve and I stop dead. I turn around briskly and lean down towards looking straight into her eyes.

"Look, I'm not the same as before. I've matured. I'm no longer the boy you met 2 years ago and dated for a year. So don't touch me, don't talk to me and move on with your life." I growl lowly.

She slowly lets go, shock getting to the best of her and I take that as a chance to turn back around and leave.

I don't want anything to drag me into the past again right now. One thing is already weighing heavy on my mind and I don't need Daisy to add onto it. Only two more years and I'll be able to leave this hell-hole.

I walk quickly to the canteen leaving a very surprised Daisy.

"YOU'RE AN ASSHOLE CALE!" I hear her yell after me.

That's right. I am an asshole. Do I care? No, I don't give two shits because that's how you move on without anything holding you back.

~~~

Sorry this chapter is extremely short!

In this chapter we really see how his relationship with Daisy really is, contrary to what Maya thinks.