Chapter 52: Cale

My eyes stay strained on Maya's retreating figure. I feel a strain in my heart as she walks away tears in her eyes, hopelessness and helplessness in them as she turned. Daisy tightens her grip on my arm and I ignore it purposefully. It's a reminder, a warning to not go after her. Gigi's figure is at the end of the hall. She looks defeated and a wave of guilt hits me as I see her turn towards me. She storms her way towards me, her eyes looking at the ground in utter anger, her jaw clenched, her whole self seeming to rage with fury.

Then about a meter away from me, she looks up at me, enough hostility to kill anyone. She was that scary.

"Umm... Babe... I think I'll go.. do my locker." She says giving me an apologetical smile.

I nod and her and then Gigi unleashes her anger on me as a whip would a naughty horse.

"What the fuck do you think you're doing?" Her voice is stable and low which is scarier than if she had simply screamed at me.

I look away, avoiding her eyes, afraid the'll reveal too much.

"Answer me!" She yells now, her voice breaking.

There's a small pause and her eyes start to water, before they form big tears and roll down her face.

"I entrusted you with Maya's heart and you broke it! You tore it apart! Why would you do that?! Daisy is just any girl when Maya is a fucking diamond in the rough! Maya never even liked anybody before and she only realized her feelings for her after you kissed her! What the hell is wrong with you?! If you were going to run back to Daisy then you should've never touched her in the first place! She has enough problems in her life without you!"

I feel my whole body grow weak, as if Gigi, or nature, had drained it all. Everything then felt surreal and my impulse to run after Maya, to apologize to her, to explain everything to her only grew, but after that first step I take in her direction, Gigi stands in my way.

"Don't go to her. Don't comfort her so you can only break her heart again. You've done enough." Gigi says once again, her voice low and condescending.

Condescending...

Maya's face, both shocked and hurt springs forth in my mind.

That's right.

I am scum.

---

Hey guys!

I finally updated again and sorry for the short chapter I honestly wasn't sure of what to do and had a momentary writer's block.

I want to inform you all that I'll be doing a few edits to the previous chapters, for instance I'll take out Amanda and Wren. I had plans with them but then I decided it was useless and simply too complicated to enact so yea, I'll be taking them out and doing a few adjustments to the chapters with them.

Also, don't forget to vote and comment! It truly means a lot and it helps me know what I'm doing right or wrong and honestly it would make my day!

*I recommend you read chapter 34 and all the chapters after them with Maya because I changed quite a few things.

Keep an eye open for the next chapter!