Chapter 34: Cale

I see her as she walks through the corridor, I stop walking to just stare at her, my expression full of sadness and regret.

It hurts, seeing her, knowing she's in pain by the look on her face.

Her eyes lay upon me for a second, her silver hair moving as she walks, her neck twisting further and further to keep looking at me as she advances.

I need to go to her, to talk to her.

I rush to her, and she immediately looks down.

"What is it?" She says still evading my eyes, her voice quiet seeming exasperated and tired.

"I'm sorry. I want to be with you. I really do, but I also don't want you to feel more pain later on than you do now."

"Why? Because you're leaving in a year?" She challenges me, a hint of annoyance in her voice.

I hesitate.

"How do you know that?"

"You were talking with Ms. Fall and I just froze."

"Why didn't you talk to me about it?"

"I was scared."

I'm angry she eavesdropped but in her defense, I would've done the same.

"Why?"

She finally looks into my eyes.

"Because I didn't want to find out more about you from the nurse than from you and I was scared that if you knew then you would've completely shut me out."

My gaze upon her becomes gentler as I can't prevent myself from staring at her lips.

Snap out of it.

"You wouldn't be able to help me even if you wanted to." I tell her changing the subject to last night.

"I doubt it. You'd be surprised."

"How so?" It's my turn to challenge her now.

"I'll become your superwoman, your guardian angel. I'll become an angel with a shotgun if I have to. I'd do anything to protect you."

"What's that supposed to mean?" I mock her but inside I feel my heart burn with passion and gratefulness.

She smiles at me.

"Don't act tougher than you are, it just makes it harder on you." She says and I look at her lips as she mouthes every word.

And with that, she grabs my collar, pulling me down towards her face and hoists herself on her tiptoes and our lips lock together.

My eyes widen in shock but then close to kiss her back, pushing her against the locker.

I can't control myself anymore.

She's like a drug I can't get enough of.

Is this love?

This is different from how I felt with Daisy.

This isn't only lust.

I place a hand on her waist pulling her against me. She puts her arms around my neck, brushing her hands through my hair and it feels so incredibly good.

Then we break the kiss apart giving us time to breathe.

"Don't ever leave me." I whisper in her ear and I feel her shiver underneath me and I smile in satisfaction.

"I promise I won't!" She says, her smile making her absolutely beautiful.

Her amber eyes shining, her pink lips curled upwards, her silver hair just enhancing her already natural beauty.

She looks happy.

---

I like how Maya finally challenges her comfort zone to make the first move now that she knows that she truly wants Cale that way and at this point nothing is stopping her. It's also cute that she has what he lacks and makes everything better again will things be good for long?

How do you think Maya acted?

Do you think it was too exaggerated?