Chapter 36

Three Months Later...

"Killian! Our dinner reservations are in an hour! We have to leave now in order to get to the restaurant on time!" Emma shouted as she put her earrings in her ears. She shook her head, letting her hair fall into place then shut the bathroom light off and went into the bedroom where Killian was sitting on the bed, putting his black dress shoes on.

"I know, love. I'm ready." He told her, not looking up.

Emma and Killian were getting ready to go to Medievals for dinner. Emma was the one to suggest it because she said, "we should go to the place where we first made a connection." All day, they both had butterflies in their stomachs. Emma wanted the entire night to be perfect, so she made sure that she had bought a brand new dress. Yes, it was a little over her original price range, but she knew Killian would love it. It was black that had two straps that went up over her chest and tied behind her neck. She had black pumps on that matched the dress perfectly. Her hair was pinned back with bejeweled barrettes. She had smoky eye shadow, but other than that, natural makeup. Killian was wearing a blue plaid suit and black dress shoes. His hair was styled in a quiff form. She stood beside him and fumbled with the bracelet on her wrist in order to make it look like she wasn't waiting to see his reaction towards her dress. When he stood up, he took a moment to stretch the wrinkles out of his suit before he looked up. When he did, Emma couldn't help but laugh.

"Close your mouth, Killian. You might catch flies." She giggled as she spun around, taking him by surprise yet again.

"You-you-you look... Wow."

"I know." She laughed again. "It was a little pricey, but totally worth it."

"Why are you working at my office when you could make a ton more money being a model? I mean, look at you!" He waved his hand around her body as he circled her. "You are so beautiful. Hell, there isn't a word to describe how you look." Emma looked back up at him with a blush on her cheeks, and he surged forward and pressed his lips to hers.

"I expected some kind of positive reaction from you, but I never expected this." She giggled on his lips and leaned up to kiss him again. Her heels put her an inch shorter than him, and that's why she liked them. She really didn't want to be taller than her boyfriend for the night.

"Mmm, always expect it, love." He whispered huskily on her lips and pulled away. "Well, as you said, we should go."

"I love you, Killian." She told him and grabbed his hand.

"I love you too, Emma." He replied with a smile as he squeezed her hand.

Once they got to the table at the restaurant, Killian pulled out Emma's chair for her and she sat down. He sat across from her and he ordered them some wine. She looked over the menu to distract herself from her nerves. Her stomach was doing flips, unaware that Killian's was doing the same. He just had more confidence that he could hide it from her. Once the bottle of wine came, he poured her a glass, then himself, but she didn't rush to it like she normally did on dates with him. He cocked his head to the side.

"I'll be right back." She mumbled and stood up. She could feel his eyes on her as she went into the bathroom. Once the door closed, she could feel sweat start to drip down her face and she waved her hand to create a breeze as she took deep breaths. "You can do this. You told him once. You can do it again." She looked at her reflection in the mirror and touched up her makeup then went back into the dining room. Emma could see his eyes light up when he saw that she was back. He reached across the table and grabbed her hands.

"Are you alright?" He questioned her.

"Yeah. I'm fine." She smiled warmly and squeezed his hand. "Killian, I need to tell you something. I'm-"

"Killian! Fancy seeing you here!" A voice said from behind her. She sighed and leaned back and let go of Killian's hands and looked up at the people behind her where Liam and Elsa stood. The couple stood up to hug them.

"You too, brother." Killian said with a smile. "Treating your girlfriend to some dinner, I see. This is the best place. But, I thought you were going back to New Jersey?"

"I have. Then I came back. I had a flight last night. I was gonna call, but I knew I had to visit my lovely girlfriend." Liam smiled at Elsa and his hand skimmed up her back. "If you'll excuse us, we have a romantic dinner to attend to." He smirked at Killian then the two walked away. 

Killian and Emma sat back down and the waiter came to take their orders. After he had grabbed the menus and walked away, Emma reached over grabbed his hand again. "Now, to continue from what I was saying earlier, I wanted to tell you that I'm pregnant." Killian's jaw dropped in shock and she laughed. "What?" 

"What are the odds? I guess I shouldn't be nervous to do this anymore." He reached into his pocket and pulled something out. Emma wasn't sure what he was doing until he kneeled down on one knee in front of her. The restaurant became silent. "Love, we met when you came to work for me. I knew you would be the death of me. But I never gave up on you. Despite how I acted multiple times towards you before and after we started going out. But, we went through a lot and I need you to know how much I love you. What better way to do that than to ask you to marry me and make my life even more perfect? What do you say?" 

Emma smiled and she leaped forward to wrap her arms around him. "Yes! Of course I will!" She pulled back and let him slip the ring on her finger. The restaurant erupted into applause. "This has been a really good night." She smiled and looked down to the ring on her finger. It was a silver band with small diamonds around it, then a bigger diamond in the center. "It's beautiful." 

"It goes with your dress, don't you think?" 

She looked up at him and nodded. "You're amazing." 

He shrugged. "I know." 

Emma laughed and the two fell into small talk until their food arrived, then they ate and went home to talk about their future.