Chapter 25

Check out my new story "When They Met." And my new one shot "Stood Up" if you haven't already!

Once Emma got home, she went straight up to the bathroom to inspect her back. There were nasty red marks, from where she collided into the filing cabinet, and they burned. She undressed and pinned her hair on the top of her head and ran a bath. As she sunk into the hot water, she winced in pain, but that pain soon faded as she started to relax and get used to the hot water. As she thought about the day's events, she could feel tears start to build up in the back of her eyes, but she refused to let Killian and Liam have more satisfaction that they succeeded in making Emma Swan cry.

As her sobs calmed down, her phone started to ring. She reached over to her phone that sat on the pile of towels and saw David's name on the screen. She groaned and answered it.

"What?" She sighed.

"You okay?" He asked instantly. "What's wrong? Why are you crying?"

"I don't want to talk about it." She sighed again and leaned back in the warm water.

"Emma, come on. Talk to your big brother."

"Killian and I broke up today. His fucking brother kissed me after he broke into my office. Killian caught him and Liam said that I came onto him, and made me sound like the bad guy. Of course, Killian believed him and broke up with me on the spot. So later, when I went in to give him all the paperwork for the day, I wanted to talk to him, but Liam wouldn't let me and shoved me into the filing cabinet. Today has been a really really bad day."

"Oh, Emma, I'm so sorry. Do you want me to kick their asses?"

Emma let out a small laugh. "As nice as that sounds, these guys aren't like Neal. They can sue you for everything you have. I'm not worth that anyways."

"Hey, you will always be worth it. Don't ever say that you aren't. Do you understand me?"

"Yeah. I do. Anyway, what did you need when you called?"

"Nothing really. I just wanted to talk to you. See how you were doing."

"I'm fine. But, I have to go. I'll call you later though."

"Bye, Emma."

"Bye." She hung up and got out of the tub and got dressed before leaving for Starbucks.

Killian stared at the door Emma had walked out of long after she left. He was still replaying their fight over and over in his head. He finally turned to his brother who was sitting with his legs draped over the arm of the chair, playing a game on his phone.

"Don't ever put a hand on her again." Killian said.

Liam looked up. "She was going to lunge for you, brother."

"No she wasn't. Emma would never hurt me. Well, I thought she wouldn't." He said with a small laugh to himself, but a smile never formed on his face. "Maybe we should talk."

"No! Killian, she isn't right for you! Who knows what she's doing right now! She could be out at a bar right now with some guy. Who knows? You just need to find a woman that will be with you all the time. And you won't have to worry about them betraying you like Emma did."

Killian looked down at his desk, lost in thought. "How do I know you aren't the one lying?"

"Killian! How could you think that? I am your brother! I would never hurt you like this. I know how much you liked her."

"I didn't just like her, brother. I was falling in love with her. Nothing will ever change that. I'm just gonna have to suck it up and go after her."

"Stop chasing her! She isn't worth it!" Liam sighed.

Killian sighed in frustration and raised his fist up and punched his brother in the nose. Liam stumbled back and held his hand up to his nose to ease the pain. He looked at his younger brother in shock. "She will always be worth it." He said and walked out of the room.

He went out to his car and got in, then sped down to the closest bar. He loosened his tie and threw it down on the passenger's seat and went inside, quickly finding a seat at the bar.

When it was time to leave, Emma drove to Starbucks and ordered some coffee. When she got inside the building, she saw Milah in the corner near a window. She sat down across from her with a sigh.

"What did you want to talk about, Emma? What has Killian done?" She asked, taking a sip from her drink.

"Well, it's not so much about what he did, but about his brother. Have you met Liam?" Emma asked.

"I did." Milah nodded. "He is just so stuck up. It was awful. He just kept going on and on about how Killian shouldn't go out with an employee. But, I always ignored him."

"He said the same thing about me. He wants us to break up so bad, that he actually kissed me, and Killian walked in. He yelled and took his brother's side of the story as the truth, saying that I was the one who kissed him, but Liam was waiting for me in my office! So, he broke up with me. Later that day, when I went to give him the reports for the day, I wanted to talk to Killian, but Liam wouldn't let me and ended up shoving me into the filing cabinet in the office. I'm so angry with them both."

"You should talk to Killian about it. Privately. I can't believe I'm saying this, but I think he is changing. Just know that I am always here to talk with you whenever you need. I know it sounds weird because you are dating my ex and everything, but Killian isn't the right guy for me. But he sounds amazing for you." Milah gave Emma a warm smile and walked out to her car.

Emma grabbed her phone and stared at Killian's phone contact. She pressed the call button and her heart was suddenly in her throat. She tried not to be too nervous about anything, but it was hard not to be. Just as she had expected, the call went to voicemail. She took a deep breath, hoping to calm her nerves before she started her little speech.

"Killian, it's Emma. I really need to talk to you. You need to hear my side of the story. I promise you that I would never betray you. I have faith in you that you won't go cheating on me, so I need you to have faith in me that I won't cheat on you. I'm sorry, but I don't like your brother! Not even a little bit. He wants to get in between our relationship, and I don't want to lose you. Not when I just got you. So, I need you to call me back as soon as you can. Please?" She hung up and ran a hand through her hair. She finished her coffee and left the coffee shop, hoping Killian would call her soon.