Chapter 35

One Week Later...

Emma had been avoiding Killian and the workplace for one week. She hadn't called him or texted him for that week, and she had ignored all of his calls and text messages to her. She didn't like ignoring him, but she couldn't even think about him without getting a pit of guilt in her stomach. She couldn't cope with the fact that she had lost the baby, and that was what made her so upset. She thought Killian was mad at her, but deep down, she knew that he really wasn't. Some part of her wanted him to scream and yell at her, but it just wasn't in his nature to. He wasn't mad. All he wanted was for her to come home. Emma had been staying at David's and Mary Margaret's place, and they hated seeing her as upset as she was. What Emma didn't know, was that David was going to make sure his little sister was happy again. And that was going to happen as long as he paid a visit to a certain Jones brother.

David rode the elevator up to the top floor and wandered his way to a door. On the sign outside, it read, "Killian Jones- CEO". David knocked on the door and heard a faint "come in," then twisted the door handle. Killian looked up at David with immediate recognition and sat up straight in the desk chair. David sat down in one of the chairs in front of the desk.

"I know what happened." David began. "I'm sorry."

"It's alright I guess. It's just that Emma ran away and I have no idea where she went. She hasn't been answering my calls or texts and all I want is to make sure she's okay. Is she?"

David shook his head and Killian's hopeful look fell. "She's not. She's guilty. She thinks that losing the baby was all her fault. I hate seeing my little sister upset, and that's why I came here. Even though I don't like you very much, you make her happy. We need to think of a plan to get her to go back to you."

"I don't want to push her-"

"But I do. The sooner she is back with you, the sooner she will be happy."

Killian sighed and leaned back in the chair, making it squeak. "What do we have to do?"

"Meet her somewhere. She is going to the store tonight for a few things. She will be at the store on Renne Road. Meet her there and talk to her. Do whatever it is that you do best that will make her listen to you, then go back to your place."

"Are you sure it will work?"

"That all depends on you. Whatever you can say or do to make her happy again, is how it will make her go back to you."

"Why do you want her with me so badly?"

David shrugged. "Let's just say I like you a lot better than I did Neal."

Killian smirked. "I do have that effect on people."

"Don't push your luck, Jones. Emma will be leaving my house soon. You better wrap up what your doing and wait for her." He stood up and walked over to the door.

"Thank you." Killian said, making David turn his head towards the other man.

"My pleasure." He left the office without another word.

Just as David had advised, Killian wrapped up the piece of paperwork he had then stuffed it into a file and grabbed his jacket and briefcase and left the office. It was only 5:00 now, and David had only left ten minutes earlier. Killian figured he'd have enough time to get to the store and pretend he was shopping. He quickly parked in the parking lot and looked around, but couldn't find her yellow bug, so he ran inside and grabbed a cart. He scrambled around the store to find the hot chocolate boxes, whipped cream, and the cinnamon. He needed more of the stuff anyway. He grabbed a few more items that he knew he needed, then found his way to the front of the store where he could easily spot Emma if she walked in. But, sure enough, she was just walking in. She went over to the carts and tried to separate it from the others, but it was jammed. He chuckled and made his way over to her.

"Need some help?" He asked, catching her attention and making her head shoot up so fast, he wondered if she had gotten whiplash.

"Killian? What are you doing here?" She asked.

"A little birdie told me that you had to pick up a few things, and I used that as an excuse to see you."

"David came to see you, didn't he?"

Killian nodded. "Why are you avoiding me? I am actually quite perceptive and this," he waved his hand between the two of them. "This is avoiding."

"You're right. I am avoiding you. But right now, I just feel too guilty."

"About the baby?" Emma nodded. "I never meant to lose her, Killian, I-"

"Stop torturing yourself over this." He said sternly. Killian put his hands on her shoulders and she looked up at him with tears in your eyes. "It's okay. We can try again."

"I don't know. What if-"

"Let's not think about the 'what if's.' Let's think about the now's. I'm not saying that every time we have sex, it will because we want to have a baby, because you know I would have you all the time in any situation." He smirked, making Emma blush. "I love you. Nothing you do will make me angry with you. I miss you, and I want my Swan to come home so we can have hot chocolate even on the hottest of days, together. What do you say, my love? Will you come back to me?"

"You do have a way with words, don't you, Jones?" She smiled and leaned up to kiss him. Killian kissed her back with just as much passion as he got. "Let's go home."