Twenty Five

*OMG SHITTY ENDING COMING YOUR WAY* 

**Read author's note after, plz!!**

~Mark~

Jack and I had woken early the next day and were already on our way to his house so I could speak with his mother.

The night before, Jack tried to talk me out of it, saying that we should wait for the day he would actually leave, but I couldn't wait anymore. I needed to know that he was going to stay with me. Plus, this was another way for me to prove my love for Jack.

When I pulled up in front of his house, I noticed he was gripping my hand tightly in his. I looked at him, concerned. "Sean, don't worry too much. I'm going to make sure that you stay with me."

He did his best to smile up at me. "I know you're going to do everything you can for us...but..."

His smile faded, which brought a concerned feeling to my chest. "But, what?"

"I still have my doubts about this..." he said, putting his head down.

I grabbed his chin, making him look at me. I pecked his lips gently and smiled. "Don't doubt. I love you."

He half smiled. "I love you too."

"Now let's go."

We both got out of the car at the same time and grabbed each other's hands as we walked up to the door. Jack grabbed his keys, unlocking the door.

"Mom?" Jack called out as I closed the door.

She came out of the kitchen, smiling happily at Jack. She quickly went over to him, giving him a hug. "How are you doing honey?"

He hugged her back. "I'm doing great mom."

She then turned towards me. "How are you, Mark?"

I nodded. "I've been great too."

She smiled politely.  "Well, why don't you two have a seat, then we can talk."

Once again, I took hold of Jack's hand and guided him to the couch. He gripped mine tightly as his eyes caught mine, and I could see the worry in his eyes. I kissed his cheek gently, trying to calm him down. "Baby, I told you not to worry."

He nodded as we heard his mother say, "You two are the cutest."

He blushed from embarrassment. "Mom," he shyly said.

She chuckled, sitting down in one of the chairs across from us. "It would be a shame if you two separated..."

"And that's what I wanted to talk to you about today. I know that you want to take Jack with you, but I wanted to ask you if he could stay with me instead."

"Now Mark, you know the only reason why I want him to stay is because he isn't ready for the real world. He's stubborn and anti-social. I don't think-"

"Ma'am, you're wrong!" I interrupted. They looked at me speechless. I continued speaking with confidence, "I may not have been in his life for too long, but he has so much potential. Sure, at first he was very stubborn, but after a while, he became such a lovable bubbly person. And if there's anything he lacks in, I will help him."

I looked at Jack, who still looked speechless. "I promise I'll do anything for him."

She nodded. "So that also means helping him finish his studies then finding a job, correct?"

"Yes, I'll help him with all of that. If I have to quit my own job to help him find his own, I will."

She turned to Jack. "You don't want to come with me either, do you?" He shook his head, holding my hand with all his might. "So, you trust Mark, right? He's been treating you well?"

For some reason, his cheeks became red. "Y-Yes, he's treated me well the past days. I know he loves me, and I'm not afraid to be with him."

"I believe that you two really want to be with each other, but I don't think you're ready Jack."

Now it was my turn not to say anything. Suddenly I felt Jack rise up from the couch.

"Mom, I'm eighteen now. I can decide on what I want. I do not want to move with you. If I'm ready or not, Mark is going to stay and help me. I love him."

I admired him with great affection right then and there. He wanted this relationship just as much as I wanted it.

She chuckled. "You two are really something else, but here's the thing-"

Thinking she was going to rebuke again, I cut her off. "Mrs. Mcloughlin, I know you want what's best for your son, and I want the same thing for him. I'm not saying that I'm the best, but I will do anything to live up to the expectations you have."

When Jack's hands went to my face, I realized he had brushed tears away from my cheek.  It surprised me to know that I cried when I spoke. I held his hand on my cheek, refusing to let it go. 

"Ma'am, but I refuse to let Jack go with you," I said, holding back any more tears.

She sighed deeply, then she chuckled. "Boys, I'm not going to separate you two."

"You're not?" Jack asked, surprised.

She shook her head, standing up. "No. I actually needed to see if Mark really could be the perfect person for you, so I tested him."

I cleaned my eyes from tears, then stared at her. "You needed to test me? So, you didn't trust me?"

"Mom, you have us so worried!" Jack exclaimed.

"I'm sorry. I truly am, but I needed to see if Jack could handle it too. And now I'm not worried about Jack being lost in the real world because you're going to be with him, Mark," she explained.

"So, we weren't going to move, were we?" he questioned.

"No, I just made that up. I didn't expect for Mark to offer a week together, so that surprised me a bit."

Jack sighed deeply, rubbing his face. "It's okay for me to stay with Mark then?"

She nodded, smiling. "I can see how much you two want to be with each other, so yes, you can."

Jack looked at me, smiling at me happily. Then without warning, his lips were on mine. It only took me a few seconds to kiss him back. I pulled back, placing my forehead against his. "Go get your things, okay?"

He nodded, then rushing up the stairs. I took the moment to talk to his mom. "Thank you," I said.

She grabbed my hand. "All I ask is that you take good care of him. And make sure to stop by for visits."

I chuckled, placing my hand on top of yours. "I promise."

"Thank you," she said.

Jack came down with a book bag on his back, smiling. "I'm ready."

His mother wrapped him up in a hug. "You be good now, don't cause too much trouble."

He rolled his eyes. "I'll try not to mom."

"I love you," she said.

"Me too, mom," he said, smiling.

We said our goodbyes, then we headed for the car. Once inside, I said, "We're starting the lesson once we get to the house."

He whined as I drove away from his house. "But I don't want to do any work!"

I smirked, giving him a sly look. "I know ways of making you work, though."

"Yeah, we'll see," he said, a smiling playing on his lips.

I grabbed his hand and kissed it. "I love you so much."

"I love you too, loser."

----

A/n: So yeah, that's the last chapter. I told you it was a shitty ending :^)

Also, apologies for not updating earlier! I recently got into k pop (BTS are my everything right now) so I've been wasting my time watching a lot of their mvs and other random things about them.