Eighteen

(Longest chapter I've ever written for this story, lol)
____

Mark and I reached the school fifteen minutes before class was supposed to start; there were already students walking around the school. I hesitated getting out of the car and Mark noticed my reaction quickly.

"What's wrong Jack?" he asked, grabbing my hand gently.

I looked at him, he actually looked like a formal teacher at the moment. He had on a neatly tucked white dress shirt, black tie, and black dress pants. I've never seen him so professional. He even made sure that all the hickeys were covered and he politely asked me to cover mine too.

I guess I took too long to respond because his face washed over with concern. "Babe, tell me what's wrong?"

I gripped his hand tightly. "Are you sure no one is going to suspect anything?"

He brought my hand to his lips and kissed it softly. "I promise we'll be okay babe."

I tried believing his words as we got out the car at the same time. I trailed behind him slightly as we went through the front doors. The school was already packed with kids lining up to go through metal detectors, or standing in groups, talking amongst themselves. Some eyes caught onto Mark's presence while other's were on to mine. I was becoming very uncomfortable.

Suddenly one of the security guards stood in front of me. "Excuse me, but all students have to go through the detectors."

I tried explaining to him that I didn't go to the school, but I was so nervous that none of my sentences were making sense. Finally, Mark came to my rescue. "Sorry, but he's not a student here; he's with me."

The security nodded and moved away from our path. I walked closer to Mark, making sure not to lose him in the crowd of people. People were looking at us so weirdly. Could they guess that--

"We're here!" Mark pronounced, abruptly.

He opened the door and we went inside the classroom. He placed his bag on the desk, then grabbed me a stool to sit on and placed it by him. He looked at his watch. "Class will be starting soon. How are you feeling so far?"

I shrugged. "Okay, I guess. Feels weird to finally be in a real high school"

"You've really never been in one?"

I shook my head. "Nope."

He chuckled. "Well, there's a first for everything." I blushed deeply, thinking of something else. He smirked as he saw my reaction. "We could try that too." I blushed more. God, why did I have to be an open book?! "You're so cute!"

I blushed more. "Stop it! Someone could come in!"

He laughed. "Okay, I'll shut up." Suddenly, he groaned. "Stay here. I need to grab the attendance."

I shook my head quickly. "No!"

The bell rang and he was already at the door. "Just wait." Then he rushed out.

I awkwardly sat in the classroom alone watching students walk to their classes. After a few seconds, a blonde hair guy walked in looking down at his phone. He didn't acknowledge me until he sat down in the front desk and looked up. He flinched. "Oh, what the fuck? Who the fuck are you?" He had a small Swedish accent.

My social anxiety kicked in. "U-u-um I'm Sean, but you can call me J-Jack."

He looked at me weirdly. "You okay? Are you like, new here?"

"I'm actually h-here with M-Mark Fischbach. He's your substitute. I'm one of his home schooled students," I explained.

He nodded. "Ah the Mark Fischbach. Well, nice to meet you Jack, I'm Felix."