Twenty One

He held me for a couple more minutes before I pulled away, feeling more awkward. I looked at him, confusion washing over my face. He gave me a concerned look. "What's wrong?"

"I don't understand you sometimes," I said honestly.

"What do you mean by that?" he questioned.

I shook my head, pushing past him, trying to collect all of my thoughts together. "You're always so carefree, not expressing so many emotions, but now you just told me that you're afraid and scared, but of what?"

He sighed, removing his tie and unbuttoning his shirt just a bit. "I'm mad at myself. I don't like this feeling."

His comment made me more confuse than I already was. I rubbed my face in frustration. "And what the hell is that supposed to me?"

"Do you love me?" he asked suddenly, making me flinch. He noticed the sudden gesture, and his face fell. He faintly chuckled. "I guess it's ok--"

"No!" I suddenly interrupted him, catching his attention quickly. I scratched the back of my head nervously. I didn't know what else to say, so I started to stumble over my words. "It's just that, we haven't been going out for too long, b-b-but it's like, I don't know. Then Felix told me something, and I'm not sure if I should believe him or what. Then we'll have to separate in a few days and--"

"What did Felix tell you?" he said cutting me off.

I looked away, not wanting to see the expressing on his face. "I'm not the first person you've felt this with..." I trailed off, becoming quieter as I continued.

"Neither of you know how I feel, though. So how can either of you make that assumption?"

"I'm not making an assumption, Mark. Felix told me about the other student you brought to the school, who was also one of your students from homeschooling," I came out, slightly yelling at him, trying to get the fact through his brain. He stood still, not saying anything. I sighed in frustration. "You do not deny it, so I guess it's true, he wasn't lying to me."

"Jack, you don't understand," he stated, almost pleading me to believe him.

"Then please explain, before I get even more upset," I said, crossing my arms.

"He is right; I did have a thing with someone before. Just like I have with you."

"Tell me what happened between you two," I said, backing away from him a bit.

The guilt never left his face when he explained. "He recently too had turned eighteen, and he also didn't like the whole homeschooling idea, but unlike you, he was very social. So when he met me, he got very attached. I will admit I did like him and found him attractive, but I didn't find myself having the idea of staying with him."

"Did you two ever..." I didn't finish my sentence, but by the look on my face, he knew what I meant.

He shook his head. "I honestly planned on it, but when I took him to the high school, I was surprised Felix became his friend. So when Felix started to figure us out, I decided to make my leave."

Something clicked in my brain when I asked my next question. "You were going to do the same thing to me, weren't you?"

He gave me a weird look. "Do what?"

"You were going to leave me once we did it, weren't you?" I stated. He looked a bit taken back but hung his head in shame when he didn't deny it. Which made me furrow my brows in anger. "You were."

He ran his hands through his hair. "Jack, please let me explain."

I felt my anger build up. "Take me home Mark."

He tried coming close to me, but I backed away, making him sigh. "I swear, I don't feel that way anymore. I don't want to lose you now."

"You were just taking advantage of me. You knew I didn't know anything about my feelings, so you knew how to toy with me. To think, I assumed you cared for me," I explained, tears pooling in my eyes. Again he tried coming towards me. "Do not touch me."

He stood still. "I'm not taking you home. Please give me a chance to explain."

"I rather go home," I said, doing my best to stand up for myself.

"Please," he said, the sound of his voice broke my heart.

I couldn't get passed the fact that I wanted to believe him, and wanted to stay with him, however, I didn't want to get hurt in the end.  I looked at him, our eyes never leaving each other's gaze, until I turned away and gave in, "Fine, I'll stay, but I'll sleep on the couch."

"No, I'll take the couch, you can sleep on the bed," he said going over to the bed grabbing his pillow. I didn't argue with him as he grabbed some of his things and headed towards the door. "So, um, do you still want to have a lesson tomorrow?"

I looked away. "I don't care," I said with no emotions.

"Well, let's see what happens tomorrow," I heard him say. "Goodnight."

And then he closed the door. I sighed loudly, going over to the bed and falling on it suddenly. I grabbed one of the pillows, holding it close to me. His scent was still on it. I loudly groaned in frustration, when I felt tears start to roll down my cheeks. I didn't know what to think anymore. I should've known better than to have trusted him. Everyone always took advantage of which. It's the reason I was so tired of those stupid teachers. No one ever just believed in me.

I thought he was going to be different, that he might have loved me. But in hindsight, I knew that I loved Mark more than what I showed. Expect now; I didn't know whether to tell him or not.

____

Oh my, God, this is such a terrible chapter. And I will tell you guys why. At first, I was going to use Felix as the student that Mark used to have a thing with, but then quickly realized that it wasn't going to work if I did that. So I was like fuck this, I'm just not going to give the person a name and not explain shit well. Legit that's all I came up with when I wrote this. So sorry.

Next, wtf is that ending? I don't even know and I wrote it. I'm a sad human being. But w.e! I'm calling this a filler chapter!

Anyway, next chapter is probs gonna have smut...bc well, i want there to be some. You're welcome. So be prepared for that, but ima take some time writing it. Thank you and goodnight. Or good morning or good afternoon. Or w.e else!