Thirteen

~Mark~ (surprise?)

I drove as fast as I can back to Jack's place. He didn't hesitate to jump out the car when I pulled into the drive way.

I followed him inside as he asked, "Mom, what's wrong?"

She sighed. "Jack, I think we have to move."

"Wait, what?!" he said with a gasp.

Even I looked at her surprised.

"Honey, it's for my job, they want me to manage one of the cafés in another state," she said calmly.

I looked at Jack who just stood there looking at her shocked. Then he steadly said, "When do we have to leave?"

She looked at the both of us. "Next week."

"This is why you called me and ruined my first date?" he said his voice sounding upset.

"Honey, I'm sorry. I needed you to know. If we move, Mark and you can't-"

"Don't you dare finish that sentence!" he yelled cutting her off.

His scream made her flinch but it didn't stop him. "I finally find someone in my life who hasn't given up on me, who actually cares about me, and now you tell me I have to leave him! I am not letting that happen!"

"Jack..." she said gently.

He wiped a tear away with his sweater. It was weird to see him cry. He was always acting strong but now he was crying over me.

It was showing me he cared and I wasn't going to allow him to be taken away from me.

I went over and placed a hand on his shoulder. "Let him stay with me for a week," I said.

They both looked at me surprised. "Excuse me?" his mother said.

"Let Jack and I have at least a week together," I declared with confidence.

His mother looked at him. "Do you want that Jack?"

He didn't say anything but nod. She nodded back. "Alright. Go upstairs and pack somethings."

He quickly went upstairs.

"Mark, I'm trusting you with my son. I hope you don't hurt him," she said strictly as he was upstairs.

"I would never do such a thing. He means to much to me."

She smiled gently and nodded. "Good."

Jack all of a sudden came back down with a book bag on his shoulders. "I'm ready."

"I'll come pick him up next week so we can leave."

I nodded. "I know."

We said our goodbyes and then Jack and I headed back to my car.

"So do you want to finish the date or just go to my house?" I asked as he buckled up.

"Can we please go to your house? I just want to relax," he said quietly.

I nodded. "Let's go."

He nodded and I pulled out of the driveway then headed back to my place.

As I drove, every now and then I would take quick glimpses at him but all he would do was look out the window.

"Mark," he said suddenly, "why did you offer to take me to your house?"

"Jack, I'm not letting you go. I'm going to figure it out," I said strictly.

He didn't say anything after.

I didn't care if his mother had to move to another state, I wasn't going to allow him to move with her.

----

A/n: Okay...next chapter will be a wild ride lol i just want throw this in here so we can smoothly move the plot.