Seventeen

Mark came downstairs, freshly showered, only with a fitted gray shirt and boxers on and a cup of coffee in his hands. He casually sat next to me, not caring that he wasn't wearing pants.

I gave him a confused look. "Aren't you forgetting something?"

He took a sip of his coffee, tasting it. "No, I put sugar in it."

I narrowed my eyes. "I meant the fact that you have no pants on."

He laughed. "Oh, well, this is my house." He takes another sip of his coffee.

I rolled my eyes and focused my eyes back on the television. Once he finished his coffee, he stood up. I did my best to focus on his face than the friend in his boxers.

"We'll be starting our lesson in a little bit," he began, "and I'll put on some pants."

Without thinking, I suddenly looked down in between his legs, realizing how big he looked. He really was built very well, I've never seen anything like him before.

He cleared his throat, taking me out of thought; I looked back up at him. "Or I can not put pants on."

I blushed deeply, knowing that I got caught staring, so I looked away back to the tv. "No, put some pants on."

He chuckles, starting for the stairs. I glance slightly to view how perfect his ass was shaped; it was just too perfect not to notice. I felt my eyes widened and my face became warm as I realized I was staring at his ass until he disappeared from the stairs.

Then a bit of realization hit me. Was I falling in love with Mark? In the beginning, I would always push him away, pretending as if I didn't give a care in the world. Now, I was actually somewhat comfortable with viewing him in a different way; it was okay for me to be by his side.

Don't get me wrong though, I still had a feeling he was going to give up on me or leave me right when he had no need for me anymore. Yet for the time being, I was going to make best of the time I had with him.

I must have been so lost in thought that I didn't realize Mark was standing next to the couch, trying to catch my attention. He was wearning his black joggers now. "Jack, are you okay?"

I did my best to give him a sincere smile. "I'm okay. I was just thinking."

"What are you thinking about?" he asked, a small smile on his lips.

"Oh, nothing too important." I giggled which made him smile more.

"Well, come on now. We have to start your lesson."

I nodded, turning off the tv, and getting up, following him to his office space.

***

It didn't take me long to finish the worksheets, which were once again easy. I was sitting on his lap when I passed him the folder. He looked them over.

"You always do well on these," he praised.

I shrugged. "They're easy."

"My other students usually need my help, or like a text book filled with examples," he explained.

I became distant when I said, "I wasn't always hard headed when it came to working in home schooling. I know my stuff."

He furrowed his brows. "What happened?"

I shook my head, trying not to relive a certain memory. "Nothing. I don't usually think or talk about it."

He nodded, understanding. "I can respect that. I won't force you to tell me."

I half smiled. "Thanks."

Then he suddenly placed two fingers on my chin, turning my head slightly, and kissed me. A sideway kiss so that our noses could breath and the kiss could last longer. He nibbled on my bottom lip, asking for entrance. I chuckled, opening my mouth slightly. His tongue found mine immediately.

Our kiss was getting heated when his phone went off, making us pull apart.

I sighed dramatically. "Who is it?"

He pulled out his phone, a surprised look appearing on his face. "I have to take this."

He picked up the phone, not making a move to leave the room, but he gestured kindly to get off his lap. I understood and watched as he took the call.

"Hello." He waited for the other person on the other end to speak. "Yes...Tomorrow? What period? I can go at that time."

I was confused as the whole conversation went on. His eyes suddenly caught mine, he spoke as he kept my stare. "Do you mind if I bring one of my home schooled students? They're thinking of going into a public school."

My eyes widened as he said that. A smile appeared on his face when the person on the other end answered. "Great...I'll be there tomorrow morning. Goodbye."

He hung up as the smile stayed on his face. "What is it?" I asked.

"That was a high school I sometimes substitute in. They want me there for a few periods." He kissed me. "And I'm bringing you with me," he said after pulling away.

"Won't that bring some kind of suspicions or something?" I asked, worried.

He shook his head. "I'll explain to them your mother gave you permission to come with me while I cancelled all of my other students. They won't figure anything out."

Taking a deep breath, I nodded. "Okay. Then I'll go with you."

He chuckled and kissed me again.

He was unaware of the fact of how nervous I was of going with him. It would be my first time going to an actual high school. I'll be with other people of my age. Of course, I probably won't talk to anyone there, but I felt like it would be an awkward moment for me. And what would people think of Mark and I arriving there together? Would they immediately know we were together?

My thoughts were getting the best of me. Yet, I didn't dare show him.
____

A/n: sorry for not updating yesterday, but here we go with chapter seventeen.