Ten

(Sorry for not updating in forever, but I don't know if I want to continue this story or not. But here's a chapter anyway.)

I woke up sleepier than usually. I really couldn’t sleep last night due to the fact that I knew Mark was coming back here. I guess me liking him was going to start taking a toll on me. I threw whatever clothes on not worrying about covering the hickeys because I guessed my mom would be away for work.

But as I walked downstairs, I saw my mom getting her things together, and as I turned to go back upstairs she asked, “Jack, where are you going?”

“Um, to get a new shirt,” I said as I went back upstairs.

“Jack that shirt is fine, now come back downstairs, Mark will be here soon,” she said sternly.

“No mom, I think I might go get another one,” I said going upstairs and into my room to try to find the sweater I’ve been wearing for a while. I sighed. My mom probably had washed it. I stuck my head out the door and yelled, “Mom, where is my blue sweater?!”

“Jack, it’s warm here, you don’t need that. What you had on was perfectly fine,” she yelled slightly. “Now get back down here, I want to talk to you.”

“I’ll be down in a minute!” I yelled back.

Shit. I tried looking around for a shirt or another sweater that provided the right coverage but it seemed my mom threw everything I had to wash. “You know what, I’ll wait until Mark gets here!” I yelled.

“Sean, you better get down here right now!” I heard her yell. Yep, I was so done for.

I walked down the stairs while holding me shirt up to my neck. I headed towards the room. "We can talk when you get back home mom. Bye, love you."

"Sean, stop being silly! Put your shirt down and get over here right now," she said her voice getting louder.

I sighed. I put my shirt down and turned to her and the face that was angry was replaced with her looking confused and concern. "Jack, what is that on your neck?"

I forced a laughed and said, "Would you believe that I played with the vacuum cleaner?"

She kept her face stern. "Sean, you better tell me right now how they got there."

I bit my lip as I thought for something to say when there was a knock on the door. I went to go open the door but she held her hand out. "Sit down. We're not through here."

I listened and she opened the door to Mark. I looked up to see him smile. "Good morning."

"Good morning Mark, please come in," my mom said in a polite voice. "Please excuse Jack for a little bit, I have something to talk about with him."

Mark came in and I waved then I placed a hand on my neck to tell him what was going on. His eyes widened when he finally realized what I was trying to tell him. The hickeys I gave him were covered with another collared shirt buttoned almost to the top.

"What's wrong?" he asked acting clueless.

My mom sighed. "Well there is something on Jack's neck which I would like for him to explain how he got them."

I shrugged and didn't say anything as I looked at Mark. "I see," he said simply.

"Do you know anything about this Mark? You're the only person he knows and he-" she stopped to think about what she said. Once she connected all the dots, she said, "You're the only other person he really knows."

Mark was taken back. "Now Mrs. McLoughlin, I hope you're not thinking I did that."

"Then can you show me your neck?"

He looked at me and I shrugged. There was no way he was going to get away with it so she would have found out sooner or later. I gestured for him to show her.

He sighed and unbuttoned his shirt just enough to expose his neck. My mom looked at the marks on his neck then her eyes moved back to mine. She motioned for Mark to sit next to me. When he did, all she could do was look between us looking for an explanation.

I looked at him and it was his turn to shrug. I bit my lip nervously. How was I going to tell my mom that my teacher and I were together?

Mark must have seen how nervous I was because he started to explain. "Mrs. McLoughlin, you see, I admired your son from the moment I saw him. I really didn't plan for this to happen and I've tried to keep things professional but Jack also seemed to gather some feelings for me. We kind of got carried away one day."

"Is this true Sean?" she asked.

I nodded. "It's the reason why I've been doing my work. There's just something about him mom."

Mark's hand moves gently over mine and I blush deeply not daring to look at him. I heard my mom laugh gently. "I can see how much you two have been bonding then. It was just a bit of a shock to me."

"I didn't know how you would feel if I told you that I liked my teacher in the manner," I said quietly.

"I just thought you two would be close friends Jack, but there's nothing wrong if you two wanted to be together. I have no problem with it."

Mark looked at her surprised. "So does this mean I can date your son?"

She laughed slightly and got up. "I don't see why not. As long as he keeps working, I'm okay with it."

Mark got up and shook my moms hand which made me sigh dramatically. "Thank you so much."

"Well I'm off to work now. You two be good."

I waved as I walked into the room. "Yeah, bye mom, love you."

Once she left, Mark followed me into the room, sat next to me and held my hand. "Well isn't this good news for us now. We don't have to keep us a secret."

I blushed deeply. "I guess we don't anymore. But don't you start doing any funny business."

He leaned in close and whispered, "And what kind of funny business would you be talking about?"

I blushed. "Just give me the work I have to do!"

He laughed and passed it to me.

I had no problem with my mom now finding out that Mark and I were together but I was still wondering if he was going to be here after he was done being my teacher...

----

A/n: I'm having a hard time with writing lately, so I don't really know if I want to continue this story. It might be on hold for a while but I'm not entirely sure. Let me know by commenting. I'm not sure if this chapter came out well either.