Wave

Chapter 25 Wave

(Percy)

Watching my girlfriend and my sister chatting it up made me smile. Annabeth had shown Chloe how to fight and do combat while Thalia taught her how to shoot. She's actually got pretty good aim.

"Chloe, maybe you should consider hunting." Thalia said to her. She shrugged. "All you have to do is become a daughter of Aretem......" "No Thalia. She's a daughter of Poseidon and that's that." I said. Annabeth smiled. "Percy, you're so...so....protective." she laughed and kissed me.

"Please, someone get a room!" Thalia exclaimed. Annabeth glared at her. "So, Percy, seaweed brain, kelp head," "Ok wise girl, we get the point." I laughed. She smiled. "Chloe's basically has a lot of her training covered. She's a quick learner. All she needs now is a sword or a dagger." she said.

"Well you better make her pick one out then, or else she'll be weaponless." I said. "Chloe, do you mind coming with me for a second?" she asked Chloe. "Sure." Chloe said following her. I decided to tag along.

"So, there are many choices to choose from." she said. Chloe picked up a dagger and held it in her hands. "What do you think Percy?" she asked me. "Well, how does it feel? If it's too light or too heavy, then put it back." I said. She examined it one more time before putting it back. "Too heavy." she said.

"How long have we been here again?" I asked. Chloe hit me playfully. She was taking forever to chose a sword. She had picked up and put down 15 swords so far. Suddenly her eyes shifted over to a small, bronze colored flashlight. "What's this?" she asked Annabeth. "I...I...I've actually never seen that before." Annabeth said.

"Well, it feels comfortable." Chloe said examining it. "Should I turn it on?" she asked. Me and Annabeth looked at each other and shrugged. "Go ahead." I said moving a few feet back just incase a laser beam shot out and melted me. She carefully clicked the button.

At first, nothing happened. Then, the flashlight turned on. "Oh, that's odd. Why would it be in the sword section?" I asked. "Seaweed brain, first of all, how many flashlights are made of celestial bronze?" Annabeth said putting her hands on her hips. "One." I said pointing at Chloe's flashlight.

Annabeth rolled her eyes. "There has to be more." Annabeth said. Then out of nowhere, the wind started to blow really fast. Everything was being blown back. Some of the lighter swords and daggers started to fly out. "Get down!" I yelled and pulled Annabeth down. A small dagger missed her head by an inch. I looked to my right and Chloe was gone.

No! I lost Chloe! "Annabeth, are you alright?" I asked her. She nodded and pulled up her sleeve. There was a cut about an inch deep in her arm. Blood started to spill out. "We need to find out what in the name of the gods is happening." she said. The wind was still blowing stronger and stronger. Everything was flying back. One of the cabins was about to crumble. Then, suddenly, it stopped.

Out of nowhere, a black hole appeared. It grew bigger, and bigger, until it was the size of the Hephaestus cabin. Then there were 2 feet that stepped out. I looked up to find Hades. I looked to my far right where I finally spotted Chloe. I sighed in relief. "What a genuine surprise Perseus." Hades chuckled.

"What happened?" Chloe grumbled walking to me. "Hi Hades." she said walking past the god casually. Then she stopped. "Holy hades! It's HADES!" she screamed. "Surprise. God, I hate demigods and they're ADHD." hades grumbled. "Well, what in the name of the gods are you doing here?" Annabeth asked. He smiled. "Returning a few of your belongings..." with that said, 2 people stepped out of the black hole....

"Leo! Shelby! You're...you're...you're ALIVE!!!!!" Chloe screamed running up to Shelby and hugging her. "Well, after being stuck in shadow travel and visited by a god, yes. I actually survived with my boyfriend flamethrower over there." she said pointing to Leo. Chloe laughed and Leo grinned. "I'm not that hard to be with am I?" he snickered. We laughed. Wait a minute, did Shelby say boyfriend?

"We need to talk flamethrower." I laughed. Chloe and Annabeth joined in. Finally, Leo followed me. We were a few feet away when there was a huge banging sound. I turned around to find a flash of light. It got brighter, and brighter, until I had to shut my eyes.

"When I opened them, Chloe was holding a 4 foot long sword made of celestial bronze. "Woah. What in the name of Poseidon just happened to that miniature flashlight?" I asked. I walked over to Chloe and checked it out. "That is a long sword." I said. She nodded. "It feels.....perfect." Chloe said. The moment she said that, I knew she had found herself her own sword.

"What happened while we were gone?" Shelby asked. I told her about me finding Chiron, training with my friend and my girlfriend, Chloe finding a sword, and how they had appeared randomly. "So, she's your girlfriend?" Shelby asked pointing at Annabeth. I nodded.

"Isn't she pretty?" Leo commented. Annabeth glare at him and he stopped talking instantly. Then, out of the corner of my eye, I spotted carvings in Chloe's sword. "Can I see that for a sec?" I asked. "Sure." Chloe shrugged and handed over the sword to me.

The sword felt light. It was a very high quality sword. You don't see a flashlight turn into a celestial bronze sword every day. That's for sure. I gently touched the sword brushing off the dust. Then, right before my eyes, there was writing.

It was in ancient greek of course and was fading away. It was really hard to read. I could barely make out the words. Then I looked closer. Finally, it came together. I understood what it said. "Wave." I said Chloe, your sword is called wave."

End of chapter 25

Thx 4 reading! I was on a cruise so I wasn't able to publish any chapters since there was no wifi. I wrote the chapters and then when I got back, I published them. Sorry for short notice.