Charm speak saves my life

Chapter 20 charm speak saves my life

(Chloe)

Eidolon? What was that? I'm pretty sure it's a possessive spirit. I think I learned it in history before, but that did not matter due to the fact that I was being attacked by one. What mattered most was staying alive.

After Chiron (in possessive form) knocked me unconscious, I had a massive headache. When I had awaken, I was on Chiron's back as he was galloping like 100 miles an hour. Where were we headed to? Then in front of me, I spotted a small cave.

As we got closer, the cave grew larger. "Where are you taking me!?" I yelled at Chiron trying not to sound panicked. He snickered. "Somewhere where no demigod has been. You will be our first." he said. He just called me a demigod. Not a minor god. Chiron was full of lies.

We finally reached the cave. When I looked inside, I had to hold back a scream. Millions of different monsters were in there. I swallowed hard. "Chiron, why don't you leave me here while you go enjoy the party." I said hopefully. Chiron hesitated for a moment. The he smiled. "Raised by Aphrodite eh? Unfortunately your charm speak will not work on me."

We advanced into the cave. I was so scared I was shaking. Monsters gnashed and growled at me. They were ugly an scary. "God! What is this place." I mumbled. "Kronos's cave. Made it shortly before your brother killed him. All the deadliest monsters lay before you." he said.

Then he lifted me. "Let go!" I said squirming. Then, 3 earthborn ogres held me and tied me to the wall. I was hung by my hands and my feet. "Today, we will be killing our first demigod!" Chiron announced to the monsters.

All the monsters cheered. I scowled at Chiron but he didn't notice. "Spin the wheel to determine how it'll be done!" Chiron cheered as a laistrygonian ogre was spinning a wheel made of knives. I looked at the result. "Perfect! This is my favourite!" Chiron said smiling at me. "Dagger darts."

All the monsters cheered as they left. Where were they going? "They're not coming back right?" I asked Chiron hopefully. He didn't answer. "Right?" I asked again. He just smiled. "You"ll see." he said. "Right!? Just please say right!" I begged. He laughed as he walked to towards the door.

It swung open and monsters were carrying daggers. "Phill, your up. Stand behind the red line." Chiron said. A drakon-Phill- walked up to the line. He threw the dagger at me. It hit my leg with a thud.

I screamed with pain. Another dagger hit me in the arm. I felt warm blood dripping down. I struggled to break free, but the ropes were to tight. Another dagger hit me in the stomach, then my shoulder, and then my other leg. I screamed in pain. The next dagger missed my head by 1 cm. "Stop!" I screamed. Tears were trickling down my cheeks.

All the monsters stopped except for Chiron who threw a huge blade at my chest. I groaned in pain. Black dots danced around my eyes. Then I had an idea. "Eidolon! Leave Chiron's body!" I screamed with as much charm speak as I could. Chiron stopped for a moment. Then his yellow eidolon eyes went away. "What the...?" he groaned in confusion.

All the monsters looked at Chiron for the next command. When Chiron realized what was going on, he commanded them to untie me. They were at my last leg, when Percy came in riding a hellhound. I was so relieved to see him.

As soon as I was free, I collapsed to the ground. "Chloe!" I heard Percy shout. I felt his warm arms wrap around me. He picked me up and hopped onto the hellhound. Monsters roared and chased us. "Go Ms O'Leary!" I heard Percy command. My vision became blurry, then gray, and then black.

End of chapter 20

Thx 4 reading! Hope you enjoyed chapter 20! Plz vote!