Holy hades

Chapter 23 holy hades

(Shelby)

Erebus. He's probably the first god I've ever hated. Who in the world controls darkness? And why does darkness hurt when it touches you? I sleep in darkness all the time. Sleeping doesn't hurt. That's just wrong.

I've never been in a place so dark in my life. It almost gave me the shivers. I couldn't see a thing. 5 minutes went by and my eyes finally adjusted to the darkness. "Finally." I grumbled to myself. I cursed Erebus a few times out loud before sighing and shutting my mouth.

I looked around me to find myself in handcuffs. Leo lies limp beside me. "Leo." I mumbled. I tried to crawl over to him but ended up banging into something. A forcefield maybe? Glass? "It's none of those things. Actually, it's a room." Erebus said as if reading my thoughts. "It's made of-" "Darkness." I sighed cutting him off. "How'd you know?" he asked me. "What else would it be made of? Light?" I asked sarcastically.

Erebus hissed. "Don't say that word!" "What word? Light?" I asked smiling. "Yes! That word!" he hissed. "Why don't you want me to say light? It'll lighten up you mood!" I said smiling. "Stupid child! I demand you to STOP!" he screamed. I snickered. "Light, light, light! The clouds are WHITE and the SUN is BRIGHT! But not as BRIGHT as LIGHT!" I chanted emphasizing the brightest words.

"Enough!" he yelled and thrust his hand forward. I screamed in pain as darkness stung my back. I fell to my knees and slumped over. "Dark, dark, dark! The clouds are DARK and NIGHT is DARK! But not as dark as a great white...um...great...... DARK........SHARK!" Erebus huffed. "Mine actually rhymed." I croaked wincing.

"You're too weak under my control." Erebus laughed. "Actually Erebus, you're to weak under my control." Leo said. I turned around to find Leo sitting upright with flames dancing around his fingers. "On three." I said to Leo. He nodded. "One." I said. "Two." he smiled. "Three!" we both screamed. Leo shot flames in the air as I summoned lighting. It lit up the entire area.

"Fools!" Erebus screeched and disappeared into thin air. "Your the one that's calling us fools?" Leo grumbled under his breath. "Nice work." I said and slumped over. "You too." Leo said. "Let's get out if here." Leo said. "That would be a good idea." I agreed. "So....how do we get out?" he asked.

"Why are you asking me?" I said. "Because I don't have a plan." Leo said. "And you think I do?" I asked. "You two sound like an old married couple." someone said coming from behind us. We turned around to find a man in a dark robe. "Hades?" Leo asked in shock. "Surprise surprise. The god of the underworld is giving my stupid brother's daughter a ride out of here." he rolled his eyes.

"Shelby. It's Shelby. I have a name you know." I said. "Like I really care." he mumbles. "Hold onto my hands." he said. Me and Leo looked at each other cautiously. "Do you want to get out of here or no?" he asked. We held on to his hands and shut our eyes. "Ready?" he asked. We nodded and we shadow traveled out of the............... shadow travel.

End of Chapter 23

Thx 4 reading this chapter! I'd like to thank everybody who read this! I've hit the big 1000 reads! Thank you everybody for all your help. Hope you enjoyed this book so far! Plz vote!