The discovery

Chapter 3 the discovery

(Shelby)

"Shelby! Breakfast!" I heard my sister Mackenzie call me down. I yawned and stretched my arms out. It was a beautiful spring day. I checked my clock. 10:00am. I groaned and walked over to the washroom.

I got dressed and brushed my teeth and hair. I decided to take a glance at myself in the mirror. I looked at my gorgeous Sapphire blue eyes. I smiled exposing my white teeth. My light brown wavy hair went just past my shoulder blades.

"Breakfast!" my sister called from downstairs. I sighed and walked downstairs where French toast was waiting for me hot and ready. I sat down and ate my food.

After breakfast, I decided to go to my room and read my book about demigods. I've been interested in half-bloods lately. Just as I opened the book I heard a knock on the door. When I opened it, no one was there.

Weird, I thought to myself. I sat back down opening my book again. All the sudden, a crow flew into my window and took it away. "Hey! That's mine!" I shouted but the crow flew away. I was furious.

I tried to locate the crow but it was nowhere. After an hour, I was hot and sweaty. Great. I just lost my book. Why would a crow just come in and steal my book? The hot sun was burning on my back and I was stuck 6 blocks away from my house. I sighed not wanting to walk all the way back home.

I was stuck. 6 blocks away from my house burning to death. I was so angry I raised my fist and stomped my foot. As soon as I did that, dark storm clouds covered the sky. Lightning flashed and rain started to pour. Wasn't it hot and sunny out 5 seconds ago?

I was now cooled off and headed home. Once I got there I rushed to the phone. I dialed my friends number to tell her about what just happened. "Hello?" she asked. "Hey Chloe! It's Shelby. I wanted to tell you something."

I explained to her about the sudden weather changes. "So...you think you summoned the weather? The lightning?" Chloe asked. "Yeah. How many times do you see flashing lightning in a warm spring day?" I asked her.

"So...what do ya want me to do?" Chloe asked. "Come here I guess." I said. Then I had an idea. "Chloe, look out your window for a sec." I said "Ok. I'm there." she said. "I'm gonna try and summon huge bolt right beside your house in about 10 seconds."

Lightning. I thought to myself. The I raised my hand in the air. A huge lightning bolt struck out of nowhere. Thunder crackled after it. "Did you see that?" I asked Chloe. For a second Chloe was speechless. Finally she managed out one word. "Yes."

End of chapter 3

Hoped you enjoyed chapter 3! plz vote!