I shdow travel

Chapter 19 I shadow travel

(Shelby)

What is wrong with me!? I was having a great night with Leo! He walked me around the shoreline on a beautiful night, made special sparklers just for me, and talked peacefully to me on a rock. Then, when I had the free opportunity to kiss him, I didn't take it.

Now I can't get over the fact that I left Leo sitting there. Alone. The thoughts in my head were rushing. I LOVED Leo and refused to kiss him!? What kinda person am I? "Shelby!" Percy screamed. I snapped back to present time. "What?" I asked. "I asked you a question." he said.

"Sorry Percy. Can you repeat the question?" I asked. He sighed. "Chloe's gone. Chiron took her away. He was an Eidolon. You, me, and Leo are coming to find her. Are you in?" he asked. "Why wouldn't I be?"

After we got Leo, we headed outside of camp. "Where are you going?" said a girl coming up behind us. "Annebeth?" Percy asked turning around. "Not Annebeth! Clarisse! Since when did I look anything like Annebeth!? Gods!" she said. "Sorry." Percy said walking away. "You didn't answer my question Jakson!" she yelled as we walked out of camp. "What was that all about?" I asked Percy.

"Clarrise. Don't mind her. Ares cabin." he said. We were almost at the Argo II when we heard stomping. I turned around to find a huge hellhound charging at us. "Hellhound!" I yelled. "Relax Shelby. It's a good friend." Percy said. The hellhound jumped on Percy and licked his face. "Hello Ms O'Leary." he said.

After she got off of Percy, he said we should take her with us. Leo nodded as if were a great idea. On the other hand, I did not want to be killed by a hellhound. "Don't worry Shelby. She won't hurt anyone." Percy said reading my thoughts.

"Oh my Gods! I've got the best idea!" Percy said all the sudden. "What?" me and Leo asked at the same time. We kinda looked at each other. "So, since Ms O'Leary is a hellhound, we could shadow travel to where Chloe is!" Percy said.

"'Kay Perce. First of all, your crazy. Second if all, who knows where Chloe is! We could end up in China!" Leo said. "So what!? We shadow travel back to here and return Chloe to the kingdom." Percy said. "How do you know where the kingdom is?" I asked. "When me and Chloe were swimming, we found the kingdom." he said.

"I blame Percy if this doesn't work." Leo said. "Everyone, grab onto the person in front of you. You do NOT wanna fall off in the middle of a shadow travel." Percy said. Great. Turns out Leo is sitting in front of me. I wrapped my arms slowly around his waist. "You feel cold Shelby. Come closer." Leo teased. "Shut up!" I said smiling.

"Here we go. Bring us to Chloe girl!" Percy said to Ms O'Leary. She galloped into the shadows. Immediately I felt nauseous. Everything around me was dark. Then there was a huge bump. I flew into the air. "Percy! Man overboard!" Leo shouted. I landed grabbing Ms O'Leary's tail.

"Im gonna die!" I screamed at the top of my lungs. Ms O'Leary was running super fast. "Make her slow down or something!" Leo screamed at Percy. "She can't! She's in the middle of shadow traveling!" Percy yelled. I was slipping. I was gonna die. My hand slipped and I started to fall when Leo Valdez grabbed my hand.

"Leo! Let go! Your gonna fall off too!" I shouted. "If anyone, i'd fall off with you." Leo said. Did what he just said true? "Shelby, I love you! I don't know if you feel the same way, but I love you. I did all this time." he said. I managed one last smile before we both fell off Ms O'Leary.