Shoreline

Chapter 18 shoreline

(Leo)

This night was the best night of my entire life...sort of. I had a great time with Shelby. The stars were shining bright causing the beach water to sparkle. Our date began like this.

I knocked on Shelby's cabin door. "Hello? Anybody in there?" I had asked. Then the cabin door swung open. Standing there was Shelby. She was in a orange camp half-blood t-shirt and jeans. "Hey Shelby. Can you put on something nice? Trust me, it'll be worth it." I said.

She walked back into her cabin to get changed. This was gonna be the night, I had thought. This is where Leo Valdez takes out a 13 year old girl. I hope everything goes well and that I don't mess up like I usually do. Then the door opened and Shelby stepped out.

"Oh my gods..." I had said out loud. "You like it?" she asked. I nodded slowly still in awe. Shelby had pulled her hair into a Greek styled ponytail and had a white flower just above her ear. She was wearing a white strapless dress with pearls and diamonds along the sides. She had white slippers with little pearls in the middle. "You look like a goddes." I commented. She giggled.

"Where'd you get the dress?" I asked her as we walked. "Girls from the Aphrodite cabin gave it to me." she said. "Woah. You smokin' girl!" I said causing her to laugh. "Where are we headed to anyways?"she had asked. "You'll see." I said.

Once we headed out of the borders of camp half-blood, I went straight to the beach. "Woah! I've never seen this place before." she said in awe. I pulled out the sparklers that I had made earlier. "Sparkler?" I asked her handing her the sparkler.

She grabbed it and smiled at me. I put my hand out and fire danced around my finger. "What is this? The fourth of July?" she asked. I lit her sparkler and it sparkled in the sunset. We both found a large rock to sit on. "Leo." she said touching my hand. "This is amazing."

I couldn't help myself but sigh happily. We walked around the shoreline as the sun set. I had made the sparklers specially so it will never burn anyone of fade away.

After a few walks around the shoreline, we sat down on the sand. It was a nice night out. Me and Shelby sat there in an awkward silence. We looked up at each other. I had found myself staring in her beautiful, sapphire blue eyes.

The next thing I knew was that we were leaning closer to each other. We were only 3 cm away when she backed away. "Um...I think I should leave now. It's getting late." she said. I nodded. "I was gonna say the same thing." I lied.

We both kinda stared at each other. Awkward. Then she stood up. "Hey Leo? I just wanted to say thanks. For everything. I had a great night with you." she said. "Uh...yeah. Me to." I said. She walked away to her cabin leaving me behind.

And now I'm here. That is what happened last night. I'm on the beach enjoying the view. Alone. But I haven't lost hope. I'm just waiting. Waiting for Shelby to come to me. Waiting for that one day, when I get her kiss.

End of chapter 18

Thx 4 reading! Hope you enjoyed it! Plz vote or comment! 