I hate Eidolons

Chapter 17 I hate Eidolons

(Percy)

I watched the fear form in Chloe's eyes as I tell her she's immortal. "I'm a minor god?" she said almost falling over if I hadn't been there. "We'll figure this situation out later. For now, choose a cabin." Chiron said to her.

"Percy, can I stay in your Cabin?" she asked me. "Of course." I said. I imagine what it would be like for her. Finding out she's a minor god and all. I couldn't help but feel sorry for her. All the sudden her eyes lightened up. "Wait a minute." she said.

"What?" I asked. "The gorgon and the Laistrygonian ogre. When they cut my stomach, it was blood. Not ichor." she said. I thought about that for a moment. If Chloe was a minor god, golden ichor would if spilled out. She had a point.

"Yeah...but it doesn't make sense. Why would you be child of both a goddess and a god?" I asked. "Maybe Aphrodite raised me. Poseidon is my actual parent." she said. Just then the door swung open.

"Hello peeps!" Leo said walking in. "Shouldn't you be in Hephaestus's cabin?" I asked. "No. Shelby wanted to talk to Chloe. Alone. And you buddy, are gonna talk with me." He said plastering a huge mischievous grin on his face. I groaned and followed Leo.

Leo went out of Camp half-blood and to the beach. "What do you want?" I asked. "Shelby." he said. Oh god here we go again. "What about her?" I asked. "I want to take her out." he said. "Then take her out Valdez!" I said. This conversation was getting nowhere.

"Chill! I don't know where to take her." Leo said. I sighed. Leo was right though. There was no place to go at camp without being surrounded by people. "Maybe you should find a place that's nice and peaceful." I said. "Your not helpin' Perce."

"Uhh...your cabin maybe?" I suggested. "Nope. Too many people." Leo said. I sighed as the sun started to set. It was a beautiful night. The water was sparkling and me and Leo were walking along the shoreline... "The shoreline! Take her here Leo! It's such a nice night!" I blurted out.

"That's actually not a bad idea." Leo said. "I should make sparklers and walk along the shoreline with Shelby. Talk about romantic!" he said grinning. "Well, I'm dirty from the 3 day trip. I'm rinsing off in the water." I said. "Right behind ya Perce." Leo said. I rolled my eyes as me and Leo jumped into the cold water.

The splash of water on my face felt so refreshing. I opened my eyes to find a small figure way down below me. It was about 100m below sea level. When I swam up to the surface, Leo was out of the water. "Hey Percy! Finally your out." he said. "Water may be your game, but tonight, it's on team Leo!" he said grinning.

When Leo left, I decided to take Chloe to the shore. No offense, but she needed some serious cleaning. We both dived in together. Then the tiny figure caught my eye again. Do you want to go down there? I asked Chloe in my mind. Sure. Wait a minute, is that dad's kingdom? She asked me.

I nodded. I could stop the creatures from killing dad. But Chloe hardly knows how to kill a monster. She can't go down there yet. Let's tell someone first. I said to her through my mind. She nodded and we swam up to the shoreline.

When we were above the water, the sun was almost down. Shelby and Leo were somewhere on the beach. I turned around to find Chloe right beside me. Her black hair was flowing in the water. Her light brown eyes were hazelnut in the sunset. "Let's go back to our cabin." I said.

After we dried off, we decided to tell Chiron about the kingdom. "Ah, I see." he said. "Can you train her so she can fight with me?" I asked. He nodded. "But you'll only get there if you make it on time Percy." he said. Suddenly, he grabbed Chloe. "Which is why I'll prevent that from happening."

Chiron's voice sounded like 5 people were speaking at once. Chloe was struggling to break free from his grasp. "Let her go Chiron!" I screamed. "Chiron? Eidolon is more like it." he said grinning.

The next thing I knew, Chiron pressed his fingers on Chloe's neck. She struggled to break free. Then she stopped and her whole body went limp. Her eyelids closed as she fell to the ground unconscious. "No!" I screamed. Chiron picked her up. "Try and stop me Perseus Jackson." he said galloping away.

End of Chapter 17

Hope you enjoyed chapter 17. Please vote!