Chapter 36

Rapunzel's POV

All night long, Sandy was beside Jack, his gold colour sand spreading all over Jack's body. All I could do was watch, I didn't know what to do. I stayed up with Sandy just in case if he might find some use in my powers.

I wasn't the only one, Elsa and Tooth was awake too. Elsa couldn't sleep, she was too worried about Jack and Tooth said she was used to being awake at night as her Guardian duties take place at night.

Watching Elsa watching Jack was sad to see. She really cares about Jack, I know what it's like when someone you love is in serious danger, especially life threatening ones. I broke into cold sweat thinking when Eugene died back then.

"Please be ok, please be ok..." I would occasionally hear Elsa whisper. There was nothing I could do to help her, it all depended on Jack himself. Stay strong Jack, whatever you're going through right now.

Sandy explained through sign language, which I roughly understood, that there was something infecting Jack, something related to magic. That explained why Baymax couldn't get anything. Also Sandy mentioned darkness? There's dark magic in Jack, Sandy's desperately trying to fight it. At one point, Sandy got me to do my magic and he combined it with his. I have no idea what he's doing.

"What was that?" Elsa suddenly asked.

"What was what?" I asked back.

"I..." Elsa looked around. "Thought I heard something... There it is again!"

Tooth and I looked at each other, clearly, both of us didn't hear a thing.

"Elsa, what did you hear?" Tooth asked.

"A voice..." Elsa trailed away.

"We can't hear anything. Sandy? What about you?" I asked.

Sandy shook his head, still concentrating on Jack. I kept my ears sharp, trying to hear for any voice.

"Can't you hear it?" Elsa kept asking.

"No, I can't hear anything." Tooth and I replied at the same time.

"Never mind, what do you hear? Who do you hear?" I asked.

"I feel like I know this voice... I just can't pin it. It's a male's voice, he's calling for help." Elsa replied. "And he's getting more desperate with each second."

Elsa's POV

With me being the only person in this room right now hearing strange voices, I'm quite surprised I'm not freaking out. I'm handling the situation pretty well.

But I'm sure I know the person of this voice. The problem is the voice is very faint, I can't identify it. All I know is that it's a male's voice.

"Help... Help please... Can anyone hear me?! There's too many of them, I can't take this!"

I tried responding back in my head, I have no idea where this is going. I could be talking to a ghost right now for all you know. Or maybe I'm being possessed by a demon right now, I might just start freaking out.

"Elsa? Elsa is that you? Elsa can you hear me? I'm outnumbered!"

I began to shiver, I'm overloading with nervousness and fear now. Who is this person? What does he want from me? And why am I the only person to hear him?! I was yelling away in my mind.

I looked at Rapunzel and Tooth, worried, they were just as worried with what's going on to me. Then it occurred to me that I might be experiencing what Jack was experiencing. Didn't he say something about his head before passing out? What if I'm infected with the weird magic disease too?

"Sandy!" I began to panic.

"What's going on?!" Rapunzel asked.

"You gotta check me, I think I have the same illness as Jack!" I blurted out.

Sandy stopped whatever he was doing and quickly came to me. He looked horribly distressed. Too many things are happening right now, it's too much for him. I'm so sorry, Sandy.

Sandy touched the palm of my hand and his sand swirled around it. He put himself into deep thought and concentrated. I didn't feel anything, I have no idea what's going on. Is there really dark magic inside of me too? Whatever it is, I hope it won't cause me to lose control of my powers again. I can't risk everything happening all over again. I have to fight the fear, I cannot let it control me again. You must be strong, Elsa. Rapunzel walked back and forth, biting her lip, Tooth went beside Jack and watched over him.

The sand swirled all around my body and finally to my head. I felt sleepy and let out a yawn. Sandy's powers are dreams anyway, so it's quite normal to feel sleepy, right? I didn't hear the voice any more. It's like it vanished, maybe Sandy did something to it.

After a minute or two, Sandy stopped. He let out a sigh of relief, had a smile on his face and gave me a thumbs up. Then he made some gestures that I couldn't understand.

"He's saying that you were fine from the first place. False alarm. You're not sick." Tooth explained.

"Really?" I asked. "Then what was all that with the voice?"

"Whatever it is, it had nothing to do with Jack's illness." Tooth replied.

"We gotta figure out that voice then. But only you can hear it, guess you're on your own for this." Rapunzel said.

"I'll figure it out eventually." I nodded. "At least now I know it's not something bad that's happening to me. I need to find out who this person is. He's is danger."

"So, you're hearing someone is your own subconscious. Someone's communicating with you, this someone could be from anywhere. I've experienced this many times, hearing the voices of the children. It's always a pleasure to hear them happy to find their tooth has been exchanged for quarters." Tooth said. "Don't worry Elsa, we'll help you in whatever way we can. Just ask."

"Thanks Tooth." I smiled. All right, I just need to calm down, don't panic, and try to get more information about this person. Hope he's ok.

DON'T FORGET TO

READ

COMMENT

VOTE

SUGGESTIONS WELCOMED!