Chapter 23

Third Person POV

Jack watched in horror as he saw the rest of the Guardians unconscious. He had just woken up from the nightmare of the brutal hours given by Pitch, and it looks like another nightmare has arrived.

Jack tried everything to wake them up, but nothing worked. He grabbed his restrains even harder, trying to use the last bit of his magic to freeze it. Jack didn't care the pain he was experiencing with his magic fading, the only thing that mattered to him was a way to escape.

Jack stopped and took plenty of deep breaths, he managed to use his powers all right, but it wasn't enough. He looked down and saw that his blue sweater had changed to the white shirt and brown cloak he wore moments before he drowned. It was only a matter of time before he faded away completely.

"Jack?" A voice asked.

Jack looked up and saw Olaf. He was happily waving at him.

"Olaf!" Jack said, startled. "How did you get out?"

"I don't think you can actually do anything to a snowman, I slipped through easily." Olaf replied as he went towards Jack's chains. "They won't budge!"

"Try waking up the rest first, we need a plan." Jack pleaded.

Olaf nodded and quickly went towards the Guardians. He tried shaking them, shouting into their ears, but like Jack's attempts, it wouldn't wake them up. That's when an idea struck in Olaf's head. He promptly sat on their faces.

"Cold!" Bunny shrieked, immediately waking up. "Oh my god, what happened?"

Jack couldn't have been any happier seeing Bunny finally waking up. Olaf then proceeded to North. North woke up with a shock. Next was Sandy. Tooth was the last, she screamed like a bucket full of ice cold water was poured on her face.

"Nothing like a cold snowman to wake you up." Olaf rubbed his hands gleefully.

However, Tooth's screams haven't ended just yet. Another piercing scream escaped from her lips and echoed around the room.

"What is it?!" North quickly turned to her, almost breaking his neck in the process.

"My... MY... " Tooth stuttered.

"What? What? Did you break your arm?!"  Olaf asked in panic.

"MY WINGS! MY WINGS ARE GONE!" Tooth yelled.

"Tooth, calm down! You're still alive for goodness sake!" Jack yelled back.

"Jack, your..." Bunny trailed away, looking at Jack's clothes.

"Yes, yes, I know. At least I'm still alive." Jack replied.

Olaf went to Sandy. "Why can't you slip out like how I did?" Olaf asked.

Sandy shook his head as he tried to do so.

"We gotta get out of here, any ideas?" North said.

"I say we get Olaf to do the job, he's the only one free right now." Bunny suggested.

"Um... I don't see a door or a window to get out." Olaf said.

Olaf spoke too soon. Black sand started to surround a part of a wall, it was forming a door.

"Quick, hide!" Jack whispered.

As soon as the door was formed, it swung open. Pitch had kicked it open. But he wasn't the only one to enter the room, the rest of The Nightmares were present as well.

"So, these are the ones that you've been talking so much about?" Drago asked.

"Huh, they don't look so tough." Hans scoffed.