Chapter 28

Jack's POV

It was around evening, close to nightfall by the time we reached back Alternia. We thanked Cleo, Isabelle, Ethan, Darrel and Aidan endless amount of times for helping us to get our powers back again. They went back home and we went back to Tiana's. 

Now that that's done, I was so relieved. What Pitch said back when I got captured that he had destroyed the solution really worried me that we wouldn't get to the crystal cave at all.

Was it all part of his plan to lay a trap for us, which was Jafar? If so, he really underestimated all of us. I would have been more convinced if it was the whole gang of The Nightmares there, waiting for us. Apparently, Pitch got dumber since the last time we saw him. 

But it also got me wondering that we had to personally kill the remaining five of The Nightmares. I always thought that take them down just means bring them to justice. Do we need to kill them? If so, how? Oh well, it's been a long day, I had enough to think about, I should stop.

"Hey, it's great to see all of you in one piece!" Tiana greeted us. 

"It's been a long day, I need a nap!" Eugene yawned as he stretched his arms. 

All of us went in, some went to sleep instantly, some talked to Tiana and Naveed, sharing our adventures. I promptly helped myself to some food. After that, I joined Louis on stage, he was really great with that trumpet, for a crocodile!

Elsa's POV

"Hey Elsa?" Hiccup walked towards me. "Mind if I talk to you in private?"

"Uh... Sure?" I replied. What did he want to talk about?

I excused myself and followed Hiccup outside. "Is there something wrong?" I asked Hiccup. "You look frazzled, you should get some rest." 

"I'm fine, it's just been such a long day and we've encountered so many stuff." Hiccup said. Maybe he just got a little lonely and wanted to talk to me? Or maybe it's because we haven't exactly spoken to each other and he wants to get to know me a little better. But still, all those do not apply to why this needs to be done in private.

Hiccup fell silent and it got really awkward. I had to do something if he won't. "Where did you get Toothless from?" I started the conversation.

"There was a war going on at Berk, I shot him down and found him injured in the forest. As a Viking, I should have killed him the minute I saw him, but I couldn't. Then we just made this strange connection, I could tame him. Toothless became my best friend ever since." Hiccup replied, his spirits lifting up a little.

"That's amazing! So you can tame every dragon?" I continued. I have no idea where this conversation is going. I mentally rolled my eyes. But it is nice to get to know Hiccup a little better.

"Yes, it'll take some work, but yes." Hiccup nodded.

"That's very impressive. If I was you, I would have probably froze every dragon I saw. That was kinda what happened when I first saw Toothless. It scared me for a second there." I chuckled. 

"Yeah, dragons are scary at first sight, especially if you don't live with them, so I wouldn't blame you." Hiccup chuckled as well. 

So we had our conversation about dragons for about five more minutes. As interesting as it was, I couldn't wait any longer. Why did he want to see me in the first place? 

"Hiccup, why did you want to see me in private? I hope it wasn't just because you and I could talk about dragons. That can be done indoors." I finally asked.