Chapter 23 Victor's Devotion

Sabrina Luthferd

"Julienne!"  He shouted.

I turned around to see him, panting for air whilst his eyes are on me.

He knows...?

Tears welled up in my eyes upon having him looking at my face. Four days have I experienced his cold attitude. I miss him so much.

"Ciel!" My feet started to move on its own as its aim was to go to him.

"I do not think that is possible, my dear friend!" I was pulled back by thin yet strong hands who snaked itself around my neck. "That is so plain rude! I can just snap your neck right now!"

I struggled, preparing to elbow her. No way am I going to act as a lady in distress!

I propelled my elbow and hit her hard on her chest. I expected her to loosen her grasp on me but it only just tightened.

"You have to try harder than that, my dear friend." She whispered on my ear. "I have experienced things more painful than this."

I couldn't say more. I did not have the courage to try escaping against her grip. Something in her voice made me petrified beyond belief.

Juliana turned to Ciel, giving him one of her crazed smile.

"Brother! How are you doing?" She greeted, keeping her face close to mine.

I know that she is doing that to emphasize our resemblance.

"Julienne and I are having a pleasant conversation just moments ago!"

Ciel kept quiet but his eyes showed variety of emotions. Confusion, pain, anger, and relief.  He took a deep breath, closed his eyes, and straightened his posture.

"Julia, why are you doing this?" came his question,

He opened his eyes who turned void from emotions once again.

"Why, I wonder?" Julia asked in her singsong voice. "Why would I ruin your life? Why would I ruin Julienne's life? Why would I continue ruining my life?"

There was a short pause.

"The answer is simple, really!" she continued after a while. "It is because I hate you."

"You managed to return to your normal life without giving no shit to what happened to our parents! You did not want revenge! You just want to live your stupid life acting like a stupid barking dog of the queen you are! I am disappointed in you! You are a disgrace!" she was angry.

Julia's body was shaking and her eyes are dilating. However, her grip was still tight against my neck. My air supply was starting to depreciate. Despite that, I...

"That.. is not... true." I managed to choke out. "Everyday, he would repent to a sin he did not even commit. He let his self be swallowed in despair, in such ways that he succumbed to taking in the forbidden knowledge."

"Shut up, you filthy entertainer!" she screamed in disdain.  "I am done with your dramas! I am going to kill you!" she retracted a small blade out her sleeves.

I closed my eyes, awaiting the pain that is to come...

But there was none.

I opened my eyes once again to see Victor holding Julia's hand that was about to plunge the lethal object on my neck.

"Please do not do this, Young Mistress." he said in a small voice.

"Let go, you useless vermin! Do you want to die!?" her voice was frustrated and annoyed.