✡ Chapter 2 Two Ends Meeting Calls For Fate's Intervention ✡

Thornless Rose. A pub in which there is no distinction between a modest factory worker and a corrupt aristocrat. Everyone can enter the place and enjoy a drink as long as they can afford to do so which does not really say much for the prices of their drink is also cheap.

The interior of this pub is beyond that of an average one. The color motif was the color of red wine and champagne gold. The lights were dim, producing a mysterious glow that fits with the environment. The bar was located at the left side, occupying the entire wall space with various liquors. A lone bartender by the name of Allan was tending the said bar, dealing with all the drunk individuals' whining.

On the far right side was a large stage in which a grand piano stood in the middle. The rest of the instruments were situated at the back, as if to pave way to the grand piano as the main attraction. Multiple round tables covered in red cloth and chairs were loitered around to provide seats for the audience that are to watch the performances commenced in the stage.

As of the moment, Sabrina was seated on the stool in front of the grand piano, running her fingers across each key with precise movement and fluidity. Her body swayed in line with the rhythm of the soft lulls of the tone produced by the instrument she was playing. She released a small breath before letting out her melodic voice.

Everyone kept quiet the entire performance as their eyes gleamed in admiration and amazement as they stare at the charming lady in front of them.

The blonde closed her eyes, a smile gracing her red stained lips. She felt at peace in this moment, her aura radiating so brightly. Unbeknownst to her were intensely charmed individuals who watched her every moment in blooming affection.

After her song finished, she stood up and let the cheers and roaring claps cover the entire pub.

"Thank you everyone and I hope you have a good night." She silently thanked, doing a deep bow before running for her dressing room and shutting the door. She didn't want to deal with overbearing people who keeps violating her personal space.

However, the moment she entered her room, she sensed the unsettling atmosphere enveloping her frame.

"Who's there?" she voiced out, a frown forming on her face. There was no hostility in the presence she was acknowledging but she can't afford to lower her defenses.

"You're a sharp woman, I see." Came a cold voice from Sabrina's side. She turned around as a response, seeing a male with beautiful ocean eyes sitting on a small cushioned seat with his legs crossed.

To her surprise, this male was the noble she saw a few days ago.

"I'm sorry if I surprised you." He continued, his voice not even close to an apologetic one.

"No, it's okay." Sabrina quickly said. "Just... tell me what brings you here."

"Well, I would like to extend an invitation to you regarding a party in my manor, Miss Luthford."

This made the lady raised an eyebrow. "Why?"

"I got quite intrigued with your performance a while ago and would like to see you perform in said gathering."

"..." Sabrina gave a weirded out look. Her forehead was creased to a frown and her fists were clenched into fists as if she was holding something back. "Why should I do that? I'm sorry but I do not know who you are to even consider your request."

The male flinched, his face tensing before it went back to being expressionless. "I apologize, Miss Luthford. My name is Ciel Phantomhive of the Phantomhive household. As you may know, I am acquainted with both Undertaker and Sir Copeland. I am asking you this favor for I have simply been amazed by your performance. It felt like a work of a professional, so to speak." He paused. "I promise that you will be compensated for your service that day."