Chapter 6 Back To The Place Where Thoughts Can Bloom

Sabrina Luthferd

I glanced out the window of the carriage, excited by the sight of the busy town. Everyone was doing their daily chores with smiles on their faces- not really. Some are frowning while most had a poker face on. But it doesn't matter!~Today is a good day!

Brother invited me to go out the manor. He said that he has work to do but we can walk around town together afterwards! I find it exciting to spend this beautiful day with my strikingly handsome brother!

"Julia, your smile is too wide- your cheeks might fall off." Brother joked.

I turned to him and stuck my tongue out. "Stop frowning brother, you might age thrice faster." I teased back.

His eyes widened for a moment before his face flushed. "I don't frown that often."

"Sebastian and I says so~" I said, turning to Sebastian who was beside Brother.

"I agree with our beautiful mistress." Sebastian answered, smiling.

I giggled. "See?"

Brother sighed loudly. "Okay, okay. I lose this time."

With a grin, I turned back to the window, admiring the view once again.

There I noticed a young boy around the age of seven, selling some apples. He was wearing a worn out jumper with tattered long sleeves under it. He has this hat with a large rip on it.

I frowned. He was pleading so much just to sell a single apple..... Wait.. HE WAS PUSHED BY THAT MAN.

"STOP THE CARRIAGE!" I shouted.

The carriage quickly came to a stop. I opened the doors and stepped out, running towards the boy. He was about to be punched!... I must hurry!

I pushed through the crowd and blocked the boy with my body, hugging his small stature.

I closed my eyes, preparing for the pain that will strike me.... But there was none. I looked at my back, keeping the shaking boy in my grasp..

....Allan...?

"Hey, hey. That's not the proper way to treat a lady and a boy."

I turned back to the boy, relieved by the fact that someone got my back.

"Are you alright?" I asked, checking for bruises on his face.

"...Y-yes madame!" He stuttered, his caramel locks bouncing as he nodded.

He had a few scrapes but he was fine. Must have been when he fell.

"Stay with me first, okay?" he nodded.

"DON'T GO BUTTING IN MY AFFAIRS!" the man shouted at Allan.

"But sir, he is only a child and you are an adult. Don't tell me that you are one of those people who have a childhood about people bullying them that's why it's now your turn to bully. That would've sound funny." Allan faked a laugh. "And stupid."

"I'm trying to run a business here and that bastard's snagging all the sales! I need to pay up the rent of my stall and that kid's not helping!"

I stood up, holding the boy close.

"But it is wrong to do that!" I growled, charging for him.

"Don't reason with-" he trailed off, seeing my face. "...me."

I kicked him between his legs. He held that part of his body and sat down, enduring the pain. "...AUGH!"