Chapter 18 The Sounds of The Bells of Blessing

Sabrina Luthferd

"Juliana! Julienne! Where are you!?" Brother shouted as flames started to spread through out the manor.

"Brother! We're over here!" I cried out, holding onto a coughing girl.

"I'm coming!" ... I can see him! He's running towards us!

Men in black cloak suddenly appeared, pulling the girl and I away.

"BROTHER!" I screamed. "C-Ciel!!"

----------

It was dark and it smelled so foul. The only light present was the lamp that the old man was holding. The stench of urine and garbage filled the room. Rats litter around, creating those annoying clicking sounds.

The old man was there. He was watching my every move with only iron bars separating him from us.

I stared at the man's sinister eyes in terror as I embraced someone very close to my body.

"It will be alright, Julia. It will be alright, Julia. It will be alright, Julia." I muttered to myself like a spell that would keep the old man away.

"I'm scared." A soft voice mumbled against my chest as she moved closer.

"D-dont worry." I assured, patting her head. "B-brother will come and find us soon."

...But he did not come.

-----------

"Subdue her." A familiar figure ordered, looking down at I.

Crimson pair of eyes stared at I and all I managed was to cower in fear.

"Erase her mem...."

...?

-----------

"Young Mistress, please wake up!" A voice called out as my shoulders were being shook.

I opened my eyes and spotted crimson orbs staring at I. It looks like those cold eyes I saw in my dream.

I quickly pushed the person away and heaved labored breaths.

"...Are you alright, young mistress?" The person asked.

Ah. It's.. It's Sebastian.

"Y-yes, I am fine. I just had... A peculiar dream. I apologize if I caused a ruckus."

"..If that is what you say so." Sebastian answered, softly stroking my hair.

..It felt reassuring but..

"What are you doing, Sebastian?" I asked.

Is this a sign of affection?

"I am trying to calm your heart rate down."

"I am feeling fine already..." I reassured him, slowly grabbing his hand that was on my head and putting it back where it belong.

"What it is that you want?" I asked, changing the topic.

"..Today is the wedding, Young Mistress. I advice you to get ready already."

My world seemed to stopped spinning. The nightmare awhile ago left my mind and was replaced by the feeling of dread.

Brother is getting married to Elizabeth today.

The person I love is getting married today.

There is this pain in my chest that started to spread through my system. I looked at Sebastian, the sentient of lost present in my eyes.