Chapter 22 Juliana and Julienne

Sabrina Luthferd

The butler moved aside, giving me some space to enter the manor. I reluctantly stepped inside, my hands clutching on my dress.

"Mistress has been waiting for you, Julienne..." He trailed off. "And so have I."

I sent out a confused look. I do not get why he, the person who has aided in torturing me, would wait for me.

"Don't you remember me?" He solemnly asked. His eyes showed a hint of pain which made me more confused than I already am.

"Victor Gallaghad." I answered, my mouth dry upon mentioning his name.

"That is nothing but my name, my beloved." He sadly smiled, his gloved hand reaching for my cheek.

I quickly backed away. I'm obviously afraid of any skin ship to occur between him and I. He stopped his hand and let it fall to his side. His expression was hurt but he simply brushed it aside by adjusting his clothing.

"Follow me." He inquired as he started to walk ahead.

I did as I was told and followed him. Letting my mind wonder, I recalled the events that occurred yesterday.

I did not have the nerve to go back to the Phantomhive manor ever since the truth about my identity was revealed. I am now his sister. What right do I have to stay upon his property? I decided to stay the night in my old house. It was the right decision for me to not sell that house just yet. That night, all my forgotten memories were pieced together into a big completed puzzle. It all started to make sense. Amidst the memory came one goal that I needed to fulfill:

Find Juliana Phantomhive.

She has the answers to questions that I have not still answered.

I did not know how to find Julia until Jim came and offered I a little bit of help. I managed to attain from him information of a Julienne Greenmount who returned after a long while of missing. Her family died a week after her return, leaving her alone with her mysterious butler. She remained aloof from the noble society, never leaving her manor for the past years.

Julienne Greenmount. That is my real name. There is no way that someone can take my identify and fool my family unless it is her.

With this conclusion, I set out to go to the Greenmount estate which left me to this situation.

I said no word until we reached the grand staircase adorned with golden carpet which matched the gold interior design. It branches to the left and right after a few steps up. In the branching sat a lone lavish golden throne. And there sat a lady I'm very familiar with. She had his head propped by her right hand, her elbow supported by an arm of the throne that shows how bored she is currently.

She was wearing a golden dress, her accessories also gold, and even her cosmetics showed a glint of gold. I have no problem in determining what her favourite colour is. Her hair remained the colour of blonde and her eyes had the same hazel glow as mine. However, her orbs showed insanity which I do not recall that she used to have.

I stopped my walk, settling on the ground near the stairs. Her eyes shot up towards my demeanor as Victor stopped just behind the throne.

"Oh my, oh my!" She clapped as her eyes widened with surprise and joy. "If it isn't my beloved friend, Julienne!" Her voice was laced with honey coated sweetness as a cruel grin made its way to her lips.

"Explain." I ordered her. I should keep my mouth sealed or else I might say something inappropriate towards her.

"Oh! It seems like you came without fully restoring your memory!" She shook her head in an exaggerated manner. "Tsk, tsk, tsk. Bad move, my dear friend!"