Chapter 14 Queen Watchdog's Ways

Sabrina Luthferd

"Brother, you have to know that I have my ways as a Street Rat." I grinned.

"What do you mean by being a Street Rat?" He asked as we made our way to the carriage.

"I had my vices when I was younger, Brother." I told him.

He held out a hand and I took it. He then guided me to the carriage and entered after me.

I sat down. "I was mischievous. During the night, I would escape Thornless Rose at night time. Lock pickings became my skill because of that. Nobles can be really drunk and I always had the opportunity to steal from them, unnoticed." I said, finishing my story.

He looked at me, slightly amused.

"Why would you steal from nobles?"

"It was a hobby of mine." I answered innocently. "A few coins spared would not kill them."

"You had.. Such a unique way of thinking."

"I still do up until now, Dear Brother."

~~~~

We reached the address mentioned in the package.

"So it does appear that the delivery man was slacking off on that bar. He was supposed to deliver this package in this address."

I simply hummed in response, draping a piece of cloth on my head and disheveling my clothes.

" What are you doing?"

"I shall be the one delivering this package then." I answered.

His eyes widened upon the realization. "No. No. No. Stop risking your life, Julia!"

"It is not like I will die by giving a package" I told him, frowning.

"No. Can you please listen to me for once?" He shouted in frustration.

"I want to help you, Brother. Please let me do it my way."

"I cannot do that."

"Brother, you will aid me if I happen to be in trouble, am I right?" I asked.

"That is given."

"Then let me do this." I opened the carriage door and left Brother's shocked stature.

I walked to the house's door, knocking.

"Who is there?" A feminine voice asked.

"A package for you." I said with an innocent smile.

The door slightly opened, revealing a woman in her mid-twenties. She has brown curls and caramel hues. She seems to be a beautiful lady if it was not for her stern gaze.

She took the package from my hands quickly and was about to shut the door but I held it back. "I apologize but I need a cup of water. Will you oblige my request to have some?"

The woman stared at me in complete distrust for a long minute before she opened the door and let me in.

Her house is just how a normal house should look like. There is a single hallway that branches to different rooms.

My eyes wandered around the interior. There is nothing peculiar about it. I find myself disappointed.

But there is this one framed picture that caught my attention.. A man was with the lady and they had a happy smile etched on their faces.

"Who could this gentleman be?" I asked, moving closer to the picture.

"He was my fiancé." She mumbled as answer.