Chapter 4 A Normal Day At The Manor

Sabrina Luthferd

I silently stared at the camera in front of me.. I am currently seated inside the kitchen with a camera on the table. The space in the kitchen is small which I really prefer rather than the big rooms around this mansion.

"Hmm." I hummed, a frown covering my features.

I found this camera while trying to memorize the manor's interior and exterior. It appears to be one of the old designs and I extremely got curious with it.

"Young mistress."

"Yes?" I asked, still focused with the camera.

"Would you like some tea?" he continued.

I nodded. "If it will not cause you any problem. Please."

I gently traced the camera's lens as Sebastian placed a cup beside me.

"What are you doing, looking at this old camera?"

"... I find it intriguing. Don't you agree?" I asked.

"Hmm, I guess so?"

"Old and mysterious..." I mumbled.

"Uwah, I'm hungry! Sebastian-san, what's for lun----!? Mistress Juliana!" Oh, it is Finnian.

"Good morning, Finnian! Oh and please. Sabrina will do."

"Hmm! Okay! What are you doing Mistress Sabrina?"

I mentally planted my hands on my forehead.

"Sebastian and I are discussing about this camera."

"Oh!!!! That camera! Man, I remember the hardships we faced because of that! It really is interesting! But you know, I suggest you not to play with it. Young master got annoyed with that and asked us to keep it locked in a vacant room.. Which appears to be your room right now."

"Hmm. I will keep it in my room then." I said.

"I can keep it if you would like to, Young mistress." Sebastian said, smiling gently at me.

I nodded. "If it will not cause you any disturbance.. Then please."

Sebastian nodded before picking up the camera and walking out the room.

I turned to Finnian and casted a smile.

"How about we chat a little bit while you work?" I asked, smiling.

Finnian smiled. "Sure!"

I soon discovered that he is currently tending to the roses in the spacious garden of this manor. He began to trim here and there, humming in the process.

I quietly watched him do his chore, trying to memorize the pattern he is making. That is when I noticed what he is doing... This is the tenth bag of fertilizers he have been putting in that certain part of the garden.

"FINNIAN!"

"Yes!???" He shouted, standing up stiffly.

"You are putting too much fertilizer in that plant!" I scolded.

He faced me, pouting. "But, mistress, these roses are wilting! I cannot let them die!"

I sighed. "Still, that is too extreme."

I slightly pushed my sleeves up before walking towards him.

Indeed, the roses seem sad. I am no professional with these things...

"Let us just water it and wait until what happens." I said before picking up the water can on the ground.

"AH, Mistress! I will be the one doing that! You should just sit!"