Chapter 8 Lying is The Best Thing You Could Do, Isn't It?

Sabrina Luthferd

He settled a beaker filled with steaming hot coffee in front of me.

I blankly stared at his black coat, dazed and confused. What am I supposed to do now that I found Brother's real sentiments towards I?

"You are really disturbed, right Sabry?" I looked up at him who's grinning as usual.

I slowly nodded. "...He hates me. He had always lied to me, Undertaker. All the kindness he had given me was all lies..... I feel so cheated that I am so disgusted! How can I believe his façade!??? What is up with his and my ass!??" I shouted, slamming my hands on the coffin where I am seated.

I took heavy breaths to regain my calm demeanor but I'm afraid that it's not working. I.... I don't know. I looked down, tears streaming down my eyes. I feel so defeated. My heart is being pricked by thousands of needles while it is being crushed so tightly.

His statements were clear. He even mentioned my name.

"Sabry?" Undertaker's voice softened. I hear footsteps approaching me, followed by a heavy weight on my head, and arms surrounding me to a tight embrace. "Crying will only make you ugly and look weak, dear."

"I know." I answered with a slight frown.

"Good. Then I suppose that you know that laughter solves any problem, Khukhukhu." He laughed, removing his arms around my waist and stretching my cheeks.

"Hey." I said, before playfully slapping his hands away while chuckling.

He laughed with me before sitting beside me. I dried my tears away and started to munch on some bone cookies, conversing with my good old friend.

Time passed and we drowned ourselves to a comfortable silence.

"Sabry." he suddenly spoke.

"Yes?"

"Everyone has their own side of the story. Keeping that in mind, I hope that you mature." He said.

....What he had just said is true.. I cannot believe that Undertaker can be this deep.

But he suddenly grinned and laughed. "But I doubt that you will mature!"

I raised an eyebrow at him and stuck my tongue out my lips.

"Balderdash." I said.

"Naïve Princess." He answered back, poking my tongue with his long, black fingernails.

Moving away quickly, I wiped off my tongue. "What even, Undertaker!??"

He cackled in response.

.......But this fact remains:

..."I need to talk to him." I said, standing up.

Undertaker is right. I need to talk to him this instant.

"Khukhukhu, Well then. Come visit again, okay?" He waved while I ran out the door.

...But where do I find him?.. I do not know how to go home since there is a chance that the carriage has left already and he's looking for me everywhere...... That's right. I shall look everywhere then!

Thornless Rose.

Streets.

Bakeshop.

Cane shop.

Every.where.

But he is nowhere to be found.

I stopped and rested. Where can I even find him? I sighed in frustration and looked up.. There's our carriage located in front of a building...

...Well, would you look at that. Dusting my clothing, I walked towards the place.

The carriage is empty and the person who have been controlling it is not in my line of sight so it is safe to assume that Brother is inside the building.

It was already night time and the lights are illuminating the whole area. It seemed quiet and no one is really guarding the front entrance.

Swiftly, I undid the locks and waltzed into the place. How I undid the locks will remain a mystery I guess.

Upon entering through the front door, I hear a loud gunshot. A wave of fear and panic strucked me. Not because I was fearing for my life but because I was afraid that the gunshot was meant for brother. I need to find him fast and that is what I only know. My anger and frustration towards him will follow after.

The sound was fairly close so I am going to assume that it is on my left. I ran to the direction in a hurry and was met by a turn on the right.

"Who asked you to do that!??" There was no mistake. It was Brother's voice.

Keeping my common sense working, I concealed myself behind the wall and took a peek on the next hallway.

What I saw has shocked me.

In a sea of corpse was Brother with Sebastian behind him. Brother was holding a pistol out and was pointing it at a man that was on fours. The man had blood running down his forehead and he appear distressed.

"I-I will be keeping my mouth shut, Queen's Watchdog!" The man exclaimed.

That alias again...

It seems like this will be a test if he had said something true for once. If he did not kill that man, he is indeed a man that will never kill as I had always assumed with his personality. If he did however, it would mean that he had lied to me once again. He did not reveal his identity as the Queen's Watchdog to me which is like he spat another lie on my face.

"I am giving you another chance, Mr. Riche. Who told you that?" Brother asked in gritted teeth. "I am not having the best day of my life, Mr. Riche and I suggest that you do not push me further if you do not want me to escort you to the place where your companions are right now."

'Mr. Riche's defense broke. "Charles Mayer!"

"Thank you." Brother turned around and I sighed in relief... But he tilted his head, aimed, and shot the man on the head just when he thought that he was safe.

I shook my head in disapproval.

...Liar.

"Sebastian, let us go home. Tomorrow, we shalt give Mr. Mayer a surprise visit first thing in the morning."

"How about Ms. Juliana, young master?" Sebastian asked... I could have swear that he casted a quick glance in my direction.

"I could not care less, Sebastian. Let her be for all I care."

Piece of decaying asshole.

I walked to him, stepping on every corpse that blocked my way. He was shocked to see me.

I continued to glare at him before raising my hand and letting it hit his cheek hard. Not contented, I did it again on his other cheek.

"I, Sabrina Luthferd, remove my self from the Phantomhive family. I would rather be an orphan who knows none of her origin rather than be a sibling of a man whom have only thought of himself and have only loved himself. You have drowned yourself with lies, Ciel Phantomhive and it is beyond my tolerance." I said, poison in my voice.

I turned my back and walked away, feeling accomplished as ever.

..."...Julienne!"

...

Julienne!

I stopped walking and held on to my head.. Fast images started to appear in front of me and it was causing me great pain as if my head was being cut into half. Giving in to the pain, I let my body submerged into unconsciousness