Chapter 10 Truths and a Pocket Knife

Sabrina Luthferd

"I have to say that the woman Phantomhive has the charm. I would like to savor her taste before we kill her."

Kill?

"If I may add, the boy has his appeal too." and the sound of sickly laughter was heard.

I have just awakened and the first thing I would hear is their fantasies towards a lady and a boy? Where am I? The air around the place where I am at is tense and unfamiliar. I am quite sure that I am not in the manor. I am lying on the ground on my left side. With this heavy feeling in wrists, it is to assume that I am bounded.

If my hazy memory serves me right, an intruder- no, intruders have managed to enter the manor without any proper invitation. I was not able to fight back. I cannot help but feel weak. This was not how I was. I am not a damsel in distress. This is annoying.

I need not feel this emotion just yet. I need to devise a plan to escape. I shall not open my eyes for the meantime.

Who would try to assault me? If I am to make a hypothesis, it would be a rival company of Funtom Companies. They must be holding a grudge against it and chose to attack a defenseless little lady who only drinks tea for a living... I am insulting myself, aren't I? I mentally sighed before continuing my analysis.

Since I am assuming that my captors are an elite enemy, it is safe to assume that there are around 50 personnel guarding this area.

I slightly opened my right eye, looking around the area... There is someone in front of me, bounded as well. He has his body backed up against a wall. He has this raven hair and an eyepatch adoring his right eye-- it's Brother. I mean Ciel.

My face started to heat up, noticing our proximity.

I need to focus!

"Hey, would you like to play poker outside?"

..Great.

"Are you an idiot? Boss will not like it if he caught us red handed!"

"Come on, It is just for a while! The hostages are knocked out like dolls. There is no way they could escape. Also, they are too weak to even break free from their binds." ....Bastard.

"..Okay."

"Now you're talking!" Footsteps were heard, followed by the door closing.

Ciel's eyes opened. He was also shocked to see me in this state.

"Why are you here!??" we both asked each other.

I-I need to get my horrid mouth working for him not to notice the scarlet shade on my face.

"Are you weak enough to get caught!? Are you even a man!? Disgrace yourself!" I shouted in a whisper.

That is what my uncooperative brain produced... I have no choice but to stick to it.

His face grew into a shade of red.

"I was caught off guard, I confess." he answered, looking anywhere but not in my direction.

He bit the bait! I changed the topic, delighted. "How long have we been staying here?"

"I am not sure myself. There aren't any windows present to indicate the time and I have not been awake for so long."

I nodded my head a little.

"We need to escape." I said.

"Not until we have solved the misunderstanding between the two of us."

I frowned. "There is no misunderstanding. There is nothing to talk about. You have made your intentions clear-- you do not want me as part of your family. You need not to lie any more. It only wrenches my heart."