Chapter 9 Irrelevant Conflicting Feelings

Sabrina Luthferd

I love a certain person. I will do anything to see him smile. His smile lights up everyday of my life. He is my beloved.

...And he is my brother.

...My brother? He is my brother... Is he?

In the garden where roses bloomed, a girl ran to her brother, filling the air with her cheerful laughter.

"Julia!"

"Brother!"

I felt my lips form to a smile as I watch the two of them embraced each other.

"Julia stop running, you'll hurt yourself."

"Brother is so soft.. And fluffy." She giggled before turning to me. "Right??"

...Turning to me..? So I am not this girl?

This is too confusing. Everything turned to pitch black and the green fields turned to a dirty, chamber floor.

"I said stop your pleas!" He shouted, whipping me and... That girl.

*******
Surprised, I opened my eyes, sitting up and gasping for air.

...What just happened? I am drenched in my own sweat and my heart is beating too fast.

I vaguely remember my dream but it still leaves me in a daze. I am beyond confused to what just happened.

Attempting to calm me down, I looked at my surrounding. I was in a familiar room that has its delicate embroidery with the color maroon. If I am not mistaken, this is my room in the manor.

Once I have calmed down, I looked at my right to see Bro- Ciel's sleeping stature. He was leaning on his chair that makes him look awake if it was not for the fact that his eyes are tightly closed.

I felt my heart melted at the sight of him waiting for I to wake up from my deep slumber... And then I remembered what he really feels towards I. My heart started to turn into a freezing, cold object.

The door suddenly opened and due to bewilderment, I lied down the bed once again and covered myself.

I might not appear too convincing but if I remained in this position, the person who entered shall leave me to my satisfaction.

I heard footsteps nearing my bed. I tried to slow down my erratic breathing.

"...Young master.".. If I am not mistaken, that is Sebastian's voice. "Young master."

"Hmm...?" I heard the sound of shuffling.

"I think that you must sleep in your bedroom. You have been neglecting your health and responsibilities as the head of the Phantomhive manor for the past two days." Sebastian said.

"Leave me be until I see my sister's glistening eyes." Br-Ciel answered.

My heart melted once again upon his words. I just cannot simply stay angry towards him, can I?

"If I shall remind you, it is your fault that our Young Mistress was so distressed to an extent that her frail body cannot handle it."

"Shut it." Brother snapped. I mean Ciel.