Chapter 17 Does Fate Really Exist?

Sabrina Luthferd

Morning was never favourable in my everyday life.

This particular morning is the worst one that I have ever encountered. My head is experiencing tremendous pain, a pain in which I feel like my head is being smashed to a wall.

I sat up my bed, clutching my head to ease the throbbing pain.

"How are you feeling, Young Mistress?" Sebastian asked with his usual smile.

He knew that I was not in favor with the sunlight that is why he kept the curtains shut. I am grateful for his consideration.

"My head is in pain." I answered with a smile. "...Good morning, Sebastian."

"Good afternoon, Young Mistress." He answered, chuckling a bit.

My face turned crimson in realization. I have slept for a long while, I digress.

"If it won't hinder you, Young Master would like you to join him for lunch."

I blinked as a response.

"I am not quite sure with that." I answered, frowning.

I can still remember the fact that he and Elizabeth are to be wedded. It leaves a bitter impression in my part.

"He said that he has something really urgent to inform you."

I hesitated for a second. "Can he not tell you instead and relay it to me?"

"I am afraid not. It seems like it is about your problem as siblings."

Right. Siblings. Brother and I are only siblings. I shall not conflict my romantic affection with that of family affection.

"I shall attend it then." I answered with a nod.

I do hope that it will go well.

----------------

This has been the quietest moment in my entire life. The only sound that can heard was the sound of our utensils hitting our plates.

I must start a conversation to release the unnerving atmosphere around us.

"G-good afternoon." I managed to choke out.

Sabrina Luthferd. I demand you to bury yourself twenty feet under the ground.

Good afternoon?

I frowned at my futile attempt.

Brother stared in my direction and released a chuckle.

"Good afternoon, Julia." He answered.

"H-how.. was your day yesterday?" I blurted out, looking back at his beautiful face.

"It was fine.. Actually, it drained most of my energy. Elizabeth had took me to different shops." He lightly complained. "I cannot fathom what's the difference from one coat to another."

I let out a small laugh. "Meticulous as always."

"But.. I deeply apologize for not being able to proceed to our outing as planned."

My laughter died down as I looked down at my almost empty plate.

"I know that you are busy with your preparations. I understand." I paused. "The sad part is that we won't be able to have a chance to do it. Ever."

"What do you mean?"

"You are to be wedded, Brother. Soon, you are to have children." I reasoned, scratching my cheek softly and I smile sheepishly. "I need to leech off by then and get married too, I guess?"