Chapter 35

"(Y/N)."

Your voice was barely audible: "Bunny."

He didn't hesitate to press his nose to yours, and you felt his body shift beneath you. When you looked at him once more, he was human. He sat up and wrapped his arms around you, holding you tight. It hurt, but you ignored it. His lips pressed against yours, and his entire body was trembling. All you wanted to do was sit with him and apologize, and you felt all the words bubbling up inside of you as he kissed you.

"Um... Bunnymund?"

His lips left yours slowly, and he stared at you for a moment before diverting his attention. He looked up at the dust-streaked face of Tooth, whose expression matched that of Jack and Sandy: surprised, confused, and sightly fearful.

You stood up cautiously, feeling that you might fall over. North caught your arm, his hand steady compared to your shakiness. You smiled up at him, and he returned the look.

"You are okay..." North murmured. 

"Yeah..." 

"I don't know what we would do without you. We love you, (Y/N)," he said, tears in his eyes. 

You wrapped your arms around him. "I love you, too, dad." 

He let out a heavy sob, then drew away smiling, tears still on his cheeks. He wiped them away and glanced away from you. He was trying to be tough, but in reality he'd been just as scared as everyone else. You couldn't ask for a better family. 

"I'm sorry I doubted you, (Y/N)," Tooth said quietly. 

You smiled at her. "I would've doubted me, too." 

Jack walked forward and wrapped his arms around you, gentle and cold as usual. 

"Your staff..." you whispered. 

He pulled away, the spawned it in his hands. "Ombric helped me put a spell on it. It's always attached to me, no matter who holds it." 

"Why didn't you tell me?" 

"Couldn't let Phaedrus hear." 

You smiled at him. "Thank you, Jack. For everything." 

"Anytime, Snowflake." 

Pitch drew you into is arms. When he did, the last of the darkness that stained your skin and clothing vanished. You glowed brighter, and power surged through you. 

"I'm so, so sorry, (Y/N)..." 

"It's okay, Pitch. It was more my fault than anyone else's." 

"I guess darkness runs in the family, doesn't it?" 

"Let's just keep it away from Aiden, okay?" 

He smiled and nodded. "Let's." 

You smiled back at him, then took a deep breath and gazed at them all. Guardians, there to protect you. Your friends, family, and for Bunny, your lover. You never imagined anything like this could ever come into your life. But it had. 

Manny appeared and moved over to you, his head cocked slightly. "Your wings."

"Phaedrus tried to... Take them off. The feathers..."

"Hold magic, yes," he said.

You looked over your shoulder as he moved behind you, examining the damage done.

"My dear..." he said, touching the wings gently. "These are beyond repair."

You swallowed back the lump in your throat. You'd known it would happen, but you'd still kept the hope that Manny would be able to fix them. Apparently not...

"Buck up, little mate," Bunny said, taking your hand. "We'll figure something out." 

You smiled at him, then wrapped your arms around his neck. "Y'know, Bunny... We were rudely interrupted all that time ago..." 

He chuckled and twirled you around. "I love you." 

THE END OMFG 

EPILOGUE COMING SOON

THEN A REALLY SAPPY THANK YOU

BUT THIS IS IT

THIS IS THE LAST CHAPTER

AND I JUST SHED A TEAR

BYE